Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27, 2010 Wednesday Late Afternoon

Sunday afternoon after doing a little grocery shopping and getting the weeks lottery tickets we went to a bar across the street from the grocery store for a friend's kid's Birthday party. Stayed for 2 drinks and some food and got home to Stella shortly after 3 PM. Spent the rest of the day laying around watching TV.

Monday I went to work around 9:30 AM and got home by 3 PM. Had Tony come home in between around noon to let Stella out. The vet called and said her platelet count is still not increasing so now she is on 3 meds. She has to pee every 2 hours or so. Had to of course call Tony around noon to remind him to go home. Why does no one have to remind me? I got home and did a little around the house before setting some food out for Tony and I went to a dinner meeting on AIDS at Bio Script. Was a good meeting. Got home and went to bed around 9 PM.

Tuesday morning I dragged myself back to work for a 10 - 2 shift. I say dragged because I was up so many times during the night due to Stella. At about 3:30 AM I was so surprised she hadn't wanted to go out until she moved off the bed I and noticed she had peed in her sleep. On the bed. Jeez. So now at 3:30 AM Tony and I are changing the sheets once again down to the mattress. Not like I can yell at her. She doesn't even know and really isn't her fault due to the meds she is on. Poor girl. She did have a good day all day today. She actually seemed happy. Must be the good night's rest SHE got. Made home made pizza for dinner and watched the last year season ender of Lost. Can't wait till this series picks up again next week.

Today I went into work again because I had a project to work on and brought a bunch of paperwork and spreadsheets home to work on at home the next few days. I worked 10 - 2 again today. Got new price lists and sku's for merchandise we carry that I will spend the next couple days at home working on, updating the information. I love working from home, staying warm, with my dogs. Got home and after letting the dogs out I laid down and took a couple hour nap. Needed it. Stella snuggled next to me the entire nap. I think I will figure something out for dinner because I don't think I am leaving the house again until Friday's lunch with the guys. It is once again so cold here in Milwaukee. Tomorrow I think a high of 10 degrees for the day. So I will not be going outside. Now I just have to figure out what to make for dinner tonight and turn the heat up.

I received my blog in book form for the first year in the mail today. I have a book now! My first year dealing with AIDS in hard cover. I was so proud and showed Tony. Of course the first page he opens deals with something personal to him and he was not happy. I once again heard 'you don't have this on your blog for all to read do you?' I had to say yes and remind him again why I created this blog and all I have touched because of my honesty. I don't think he liked the answer but he moved on and I didn't hear it from him again. Of course he put the book down and didn't read any more. He does not follow my blog unless I point out something so he is sometimes surprised what I write. Hey, it's my life, like it or not. Now I just have to figure out who will play me when they make my book into a movie.....................any suggestions? LOL

5 comments:

  1. Hi, just wondering why you don't put a dog-flap in, so the dogs can go in and out as they please, to do their business? It would save you getting up all the time, and save people having to come home just to open the door for her. Am not sure why you don't have one? Everyone I know does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually we have many doggy door panels that we do put in the sliding glass doors in the summer when we are home. Unfortunately we can not leave the doggy door in when we are not home due to the high crime rate here in Milwaukee. And the fact it is about 10 degrees here and the electric bill would go through the roof. When we had our beagle named Betty she had a bladder problem and for her 2 years we had her until she died we did keep the dog door in anytime we were home and all night. So, good suggestion, but not feasable here on the Eastside of Milwaukee due to crime and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just recently started reading your blog after my fiance was diagnosed positive, & the dog peeing thing caught my eye (out of all things, lol). Anyway, my mini schnauzer has been having bladder issues for a little over a year now (namely bladder stones & bladder infections), & we just keep diapers on her when she's inside (about 99% of the time). We were buying dog diapers, but they got to be too expensive, so we just starting buying regular baby diapers & cut little slits in them for her tail. The cheapest brand of baby diapers work just as good as the expensive dog diapers. She looks a bit ridiculous in them & I feel a bit ridiculous when I go to answer my door & am standing next to a dog in a diaper, but it keeps the pee off the floors & furniture, & takes a lot the stress of us from having to watch her constantly. It's not too difficult to pick the correct diaper size. My dog wears a size 4 & she weighs about 18 pounds.

    I also have a neutered male chihuahua who still wants to make everything, so I just buy newborn sized diapers, cut the back out of them, & wrap the remaining piece of the diaper (with the sticky tabs) around his ding-ding (my nickname) & back. The male anatomy is obviously a bit different, & regular diapers won't cover the dog's ding-ding completely. So I just improvised & cut the seats out of them. Works perfect.

    Anyway, hopes this helps you with your dilemma. And I can't believe I just wrote two paragraphs about dog diapers & ding-ding's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your information on dog diapers. We have tried them on Stella and I do have a half a pack left of them. Being a Pitbull her body shape is different from most dogs so I have to actually duct tape them on her sometimes. They have been helpful. Thanks for the advice on using actual baby diapers vs dog diapers and price. I will look into it. When the problem gets really bad we usually put Stella back on Phenylpropan 25 MG which helps with the badder problem. You might want to research this drug with your vet. Thank you again for taking the time to read and respond to my blog, it makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, here's another idea, & don't laugh (well, okay, you can laugh if you want): I'm friends with a couple who have a pit bull & when she went into heat they put a pair of (human) panties on her with a maxi pad(!) in them. It seemed to work pretty well, but the dog looked absolutely ridiculous. I'm not sure how much urine a maxi pad will be able to absorb, though!

    And my dog is on a medication called Proin to help her with the incontinence. We have noticed a bit of a difference in that she's not squatting to pee every other minute, but that may also be because we just had 5 big stones taken out of her & she's been on an antibiotic for her bladder infection.

    I also just wanted to tell you that I appreciate your blog & everything you've put into it. It has really helped me over the past few months. It also takes a very brave person to post their status like this for anyone to see. We live in a small town & although we have a supposedly good id doctor 25 minutes away, there's not really anything in the way of support groups or anything like that. So it's nice to be able to read blogs like yours & know that we're not alone.

    Anyway, good luck with your little Stella, you sound like a good daddy, & thanks again for this blog.

    ReplyDelete