Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014 Monday Afternoon

Another week has gone by so fast.

Last Thursday afternoon the neighbors were working on our side of their house so I thought it best to leave for the afternoon so the dogs would not want to go outside and they could work.  Went with Tony to a junk yard about and hour away.  Spent an hour or so looking around for car parts.  I was in a good place and just enjoyed the nice weather as Tony looked over the picked apart cars for any parts he needed.  I was very impressed how he can see just a bumper or a piece of a car and know what it is.  Very impressive. 

Friday afternoon we had lunch with the guys like we do each Friday.  I still enjoy getting together each week for an hour of laughs with people who I can feel comfortable with talking about anything. 

Saturday night we went to the once a years demo car derby in Slinger.  Been going for years for this event because we always have a great time.  Tony's sister and nephew came along and we once again did have fun watching all the car smashes and crashes.  The race track is a figure 8 so it makes the races so much more fun to watch than just going around in circles.  They have different races, sometimes school buses, which end up in pieces by the end of the race.  One race is last man standing so to speak.  The track is a mess by the end of the night.

Sunday morning we went out for breakfast with Tony's mom and then went to Stein's Garden and the market for some ham and rolls on the way home.  I spent the rest of the day working in the side yard making a yard for the small dogs and a yard for the big dogs.  It is apparent they are not going to be together any time soon so making my life easier is the goal right now.   I can now leave the small dogs in the front of the house and let them out to pee in the side yard through the dining room.  The big dogs are in the back of the house and I let them out in their side yard through the kitchen doors.  Nice not having to worry and yet everyone is happy.

This morning Tony took Rose to work and I gave Casper a raw hide bone around 8 AM.  I took it away from him by 8:30 AM because he was swallowing pieces.  I fenced him off in the kitchen with his bone.  Well, after he had it taken away and the dogs were all together, I was sitting at the computer and heard a fight between Casper and Bo.  Ran screaming into the kitchen to find them apart but Bo obviously hurt.  I put Casper in his crate after a scolding and then looked Bo over for injuries.  At first I did not find any but in time I found 2 puncture wounds on his neck that were bleeding.  This is what I didn't want ever to happen.  Took me back a ways and now I once again have this 'what have we done' feeling when it comes to Casper and Rose.  Everyone is OK.  Tony brought Rose home from work around noon and I soon went for a walk along the river trails to clear my head and cry a bit as a release.  I did not take Bo or any dog and realized how much I miss MY walks and need to start taking some Dave time in the afternoon.   Had a good cry as I walk the woods and talk to ... whoever.  I like to think my grandma and spirit guide are listening.  Took an hour and a half walk and it did me good. 

The weather in Milwaukee continues to be awesome.  It is about 72 degrees and a slight breeze.  If it were not for the beeping from the machinery across the street it would be perfect with the windows open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment