Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, June 19, 2014

June 19, 2014 Thursday Afternoon

Was all set to go in and get my blood drawn on Tuesday morning.  Not having any coffee for an hour or two is not good for me or anyone around me.  Got up Tuesday morning by 6 AM.  Right after I fed the dogs the power went out due to a storm that went through an hour earlier.  The power did not go on again until close to noon.  Thought it best not to go out and leave the dogs in a dark and quiet house so I decided to try again Wednesday morning.  Of course by this time the coffee Tony made an hour or more ago was cold and no microwave or power to heat the coffee.  Tony came home around 9 AM and started the gas generator he bought for Christmas the year before last.  We have never used it up to this point so I though it would be interesting to see if it works and what I can attach to it.  Got the coffee warmed in the microwave first.  Then moved the cord to the living room and got the stereo and TV going with the cable box also connected.  Just as I though things were good the generator ran out of gas.  Tony did say he was going to get more over an hour ago.  When I called the shop I was told he had a meeting and would be back home with gas around 11:15 AM.  He did and after 15 minutes the power went back on.  It was a very good test of the generator and I am happy I can connect the computer, TV, stereo and cable.  Life would go on.

Wednesday morning I did get my blood drawn.  Now I wait a week and a half until my doctor appointment to get my results.  Spent the day doing things around the house with the dogs.  Did go get my monthly HIV meds and food from the pantry on Wednesday also.  Last night we watched the movie Nonstop.  It was a good movie and I recommend it.

Today is four weeks since we picked up Rose and Casper in Waukegan Illinois and became foster parents for them.  Here is a picture comparing their look from the day we got them and this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment