Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

June 24, 2014 Tuesday Morning

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I posted last.  Know that means things are good and I am busy with the dogs, Tony and life. 

Saturday morning Rose got her stitches out from her spay two weeks earlier.  She was so good and let the vet take them out and not a growl.  There was a lot going on around the city but the weather did not cooperate.  It was foggy and rained here and there during the weekend.  Saturday afternoon we did go to the North Avenue block party on the eastside.  Stayed for a while but every time we got to a new band stand they would be playing their last song and then go on break.  I even commented to Tony how people should not be with us if they want to hear music and see a band.  We also went and looked at and bought a new massage chair.  I don't even know where to start on this one.  Tony and I have been together over 25 years and we have never been so 'off' when it comes to a decision made by the two of us.  We have owned a massage chair for over 20 years.  It is worn and I have to replace the back sometimes as it wears through, but it does what I want on my back and I love it.  I can sit in it for two minutes and have it go up and down, crack my back, and I am better.  Tony has never used or liked the chair.  On Tuesday last week he hands me an add in the paper of a massage chair to call on and see what they want for it.  Tony said 'he wanted a new one and wanted the one we have out of the living room'.  I thought he now wanted a massage chair and was happy to go buy it, if that made him happy, and put mine in a spare room for the few times and need and use it.  I called, Saturday afternoon we went to look at it and ended up buying it.  Spent $800, got it home, in the house, and after we both sat in it for a while and used it I looked at Tony and said 'well, I hope you like it, I will put mine in the spare room because I like it much better'.  Tony looked at me and said 'I never liked a massage chair and bought it for you'.  WTF?   Honestly I could not believe we could be so far off on this decision and now we wasted $800.  I cut coupons for goodness sake, this is a huge chunk of money to me.  It honestly ruined the rest of my day looking at the chair sitting in the room.  Hopefully Tony will take it to work and sell it on Craigslist or to a friend and we will take a small loss.  I am still shaking my head as I type this and if it wasn't so wet, damp and rainy outside I would have him get the chair out of here now.

Sunday we went and had breakfast with Tony's mom.  Bought lottery tickets and ham and rolls on the way home.  Spent most of the day around the house.  We did ride our bikes to the lakefront to see the air show, only to get there and have the beach so fogged in the show was canceled for the second day in a row.  Lot of unhappy people in Milwaukee because of this.

Monday Tony took Rose to work with him for the morning.  She came home at noon and spent the afternoon napping.  I re arranged the living room furniture, basically flipping the room furniture for a better lay out for fencing off the dogs.  A package arrived late in the afternoon from another Rose and Casper fan full of toys and treats.  It is so nice to know there really are good people out there in the world when you see and hear about all the bad all day on the Internet.   I see a lot of abuse in animals lately since I have become involved with fostering Rose and Casper.  Some stories just make you wonder what the hell is wrong with the human race. 

The sun is out today (right now) and I think I will shower so I can take Casper and Bo for a walk before the rain comes back this afternoon.  I walk them separately, just easier, plus Casper gets spooked by noises and I need to keep a firm arm on him walking him.

No comments:

Post a Comment