Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010 Monday Afternoon

Early Sunday afternoon I picked a couple huge bowls of blackberries growing in the yard. I have so many already frozen so I had to do something with them. Made blackberry jam. Turned out very good. Froze half the jam I made. Around 3:30 PM Tony and I decided to drive to the Southshore Festival to see the car show and walk around the festival. It was very hot outside but thankfully the festival was along the lakefront so it was a bit cooler. Got there just as the car show was ending, Tony got to see most of the cars. We walked around awhile and bought some food and drink before heading home. After feeding the dogs and putting the jam in containers I order Chinese food for dinner to be delivered. Always a battle, lol, to decide what to have. By the time you add in everything both of us want it is $30.00. The leftovers will be for Monday night so that helps. Tony fell asleep on the couch by 8 PM. I watched Big Brother (I love this show), Scoundrels and The Gates before we both went to bed.

This morning Tony finally got me out of bed around 7 AM, opening the shades, saying he would be leaving in about 20 minutes for work. Got up so I could at least say good morning and send him out the door with a muffin from the day before. Did a little cleaning before going to the grocery store and bank at lunch time. Took a couple hour nap this afternoon after once again turning back on the air conditioning because it is once again getting so hot and humid in Milwaukee. After my nap and a cup of coffee I made another batch of peanut butter Cheerios squares since Tony never tasted the batch I made last week to take to last Saturday's pool party. I will enjoy them also since I love anything with peanut butter. Vacuumed the house and soon it will be time to feed the dogs and put yesterday's Chinese food in the oven for dinner. Not much on TV tonight so I think we will watch a movie I have downloaded. Will let you know which one and how it is with the next post. As I was re reading this post looking for spelling errors Kali threw up in two spots so I had to clean it up and give her some comfort. She seems fine now, not sure what she must have ate or got into. Hopefully she will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment