Visit My Other Web Page:

Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010 Saturday Night

Friday Tony and I had lunch with the guys. After dropping him off at his auto body shop I went to Pick and Save and did a little grocery shopping. Mostly fresh fruit. After I got home I called a follower of this blog who had recently been diagnosed with HIV. We had a nice conversation. I hope I was able to help him. I remember well where I was after three weeks of finding out I was HIV+. I was a basket case if you remember. Took a short nap in the afternoon and then got a little done around the house. After Tony got home and showered we went to Italian Fest along the Milwaukee Lakefront at the Summerfest grounds. Walked around until the fireworks were over, by that time our feet were so sore it was time to go home. Got home shortly after 11 PM. Watch an episode of One Life To Live, which I DVR daily.

This morning a contractor came around 9 AM to look at the bathroom that Tony has yet to move forward on for over a year. A little before noon we drove to Port Washington which is about 45 minutes away. We went for the car show at a festival called The Fish Fest. Only in Wisconsin. We walked around the cars and part of the festival before it got too hot. On our way back to the car we came across a fenced in area where they were selling helicopter rides. We asked how much and how long the wait. When the lady said we would be on the next trip we paid for our tickets. Went on a 15 minute helicopter ride. I was at the window. I was a bit scared since I do not like to take any unnecessary risks since my diagnosis. At one point during the ride I even thought it would have been a better idea to go on separate rides than together so if it crashed one of us would still be alive to take care of the dogs. Landed safely. Since we got home from Port Washington since it is so hot outside, close to 90 degrees, I started the series True Blood from the first show. It is now in season three so we have at least 24 - one hour shows to watch to get caught up. We are on episode seven as I type this. Will most likely watch one more before going to bed. No plans for Sunday and since it will be close to 90 degrees again, I have no problem staying indoors all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment