Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15, 2010 Thursday Night

Tuesday night we did drive to a car show in Menomonee Falls. We know the owner of the restaurant that has the weekly car show. Spent time talking with him, eating dinner, and looking at the cars. I went to the pet store in the strip mall for pond fish food and algae killer. Drive home and watched TV for the night.

Wednesday was again very hot in Milwaukee. I honestly did very little all day. Even though I am in an air conditioned house I can still feel the toll the humid hot weather takes on me. Wednesday night Tony and I went to see the play Wicked. It was good. I for some reason expected more since so many people have told me how much they enjoyed it and how good it was. By the time we left the theater it was raining cats and dogs outside. Huge storms lit up the sky until about 3 AM this morning. Then again they began around 5 AM and lasted until 7 AM. We got over 3 inches of rain. I went up to the 2nd floor porch around midnight because it was not raining and I could see to the west the sky was filled with one lightening after another. Sat up on the porch and watched the next wave of storm come before the rain forced me back indoor and down to our bedroom. Opened up the shades and watched the lightening and rain pour down. I got very little sleep.

This morning I got Tony off to work and drove to McDonald's and bought a bacon egg cheese bagel and a sausage burrito. I tell yah, I am addicted to these two items from McDonald's. After eating I went back to bed for about 2 hours as the humidity built again pushing the temperature into the mid 80s today. After I got up I went outside and did a little pond cleaning and yard work from all the rain and wind. The pond pumps electricity shorted out from all the rain and it took until mid afternoon for the wiring to dry out enough so the circuits would stop blowing every time I tried to turn on the pond pumps. We got that much rain last night. Little seepage in the basement in the usual places. Could have been worse, the neighbor across the alley told me today he had a few inches of water in his basement when he got up this morning. Watched the movie version of Les Miserables today. It is the English version. It was very good. I have been waiting to watch this version of the story since my loyal followers know Les Miserables is my favorite play. I am so glad it is returning to Milwaukee next April 2011. We have are usual season tickets. I informed Tony yesterday when more tickets can be purchased to prepare for the fact we will be seeing the show more than just that once while it is in Milwaukee for it's run. Making spaghetti for dinner with a salad and bread sticks. Will end up staying home watching Big Brother and Rookie Blue before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment