Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26, 2010 Monday Morning

Saturday was a very hot day in Milwaukee, but at least no rain. Tony and I spent the morning doing things around the house. About 1 PM we went to the Brady Street festival here in Milwaukee. It is about a half mile away. One thing Milwaukee is famous for is their block parties. All of Brady Street was closed off. Since it still was so hot and humid we spend about and hour and a half at the festival before going back home to the air conditioning. Had fun walking around and got lunch at the festival. We then watched an episode of One Life To Live before taking a 2 hour nap. After feeding the dogs dinner we headed back to the Brady Street festival for the 7 PM Drag Show. It is the most popular event of the block party each year. They started having one about 3 years ago and it has grown into the most popular stage show besides all the bands on 4 stages up and down Brady Street. Ran into some friends and had a good time watching the show. About half way through the drag show the wind shifted and the cold front came through with much less humid air. It was so nice. We got home around 10 PM and turned off the air conditioning and opened up the windows. Haven't had the air conditioning off in about 2 weeks. Watched a little TV before going to bed around 11:15 PM.

Sunday morning after feeding the dogs, reading the newspaper, and drinking a cup of coffee I drove to McDonald's to get us some breakfast. I was not in the mood to cook a breakfast as I usually do on a Sunday morning. It is not the cooking that I hate, it is the clean up afterwards. A little after 10 AM Tony went to his auto body shop to get the cat that has been living in his shop for about a month. She is a good cat, kicked out of a neighbors house because a new tenant in the duplex has a Pitbull and it would eat the cat. So they just kicked it out of the house and it found Tony at his shop where it has been living. I hated to think of her getting pregnant or getting hit by a car as she roams during the day so I decided to drop her off at the Waukesha Humane Society since they are a no kill shelter. This is where my mom and sister volunteer a few days a week walking dogs. After a little thought I called my brother and asked him if he would want a cat. He is all alone and I thought it would be a good idea for company. Since we were driving to Waukesha anyway to go to my sister house for the day and see family it was perfect to get the cat and give it to him at the family get together. He said he would try it. If it doesn't work he will take it to the Humane Society this week. Had a great time swimming in the pool and seeing family all afternoon. We also brought Kali so she could play with their dog and go swimming also. Kali went swimming a couple time with me. She most enjoyed just sitting on a chair keeping her eye on her daddy all afternoon. She is so good. She is my baby. I am sure the other four dogs that had to stay home were not as happy. When it got time to leave my brother started having second thoughts about the cat. He is such a basket case. Finally got a little stern with him and he took the cat home. We even gave him food and litter for the cat. I also told him if he does decide to keep the cat I will pay for it to be spayed since I would have made a donation when dropping her off at the humane society anyway. When I saw his number on the caller ID around 8 PM I thought the worst. Thankfully the cat seemed to be settling in and he was enjoying the company. Watched TV until about 10 PM and went to bed. Was waken up twice, once around 11 PM and once again at 1 AM by our tenants coming home. With the windows open you can hear everything. Of course the dogs all bark and it is a while before anyone settles down. Finally got to sleep.

This morning after getting Tony off to work and feeding the dogs I got started on the daily chores. Moved some tree branches to the garbage, washed a couple carpets outside. I am going to work on the pond when done with this post since it is a bit cooler today and a lot less humid. I can finally get some work outside done. Called my brother to see how the cat was doing. He said she hides a lot, I told him that is normal for a cat and it shows the cat feels at home there. He plans on taking to a vet today to see if it is clean of fleas and hopefully not pregnant. I told him I would call again tonight to see how things are going. So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment