Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010 Friday Morning

Wednesday night I went to a meeting at a local restaurant for HIV. The topic was 'After the diagnosis'. Was informative. Got home and watched a little TV before going to bed around 10 PM.

Thursday I got up and after getting the dogs fed and Tony off to work I recorded 4 more 8 mm tapes to a DVD for my sister. It is a slow process. I got the mail prior to going to my ARCW board meeting. Saw a letter from my mom and dad in the stack. Opened it to find a note that said 'Mom and I said if we sold the Florida condo we would share some of the money with the kids'. And a check for $5000. WOW. Talk about putting a smile on my face. I called them right away to thank them and tell them it will go in the bank saving for a rainy day or dog emergency, and Thanked them over and over. How nice hey? I then had my meeting from 12:30 to 2:30 for ARCW client board. I am part of the Client Advisory Board. I feel it is my way of giving back for all ARCW does for me. Had a good meeting and discussion. Stopped off at the bank and grocery store on my way home from the board meeting. Got home and continued the DVD making as I watched TV. After Tony got home he started telling me about what a terrible day at work he had for the day. One good news was our health insurance which has been on hold was approved again for another year. Always scares me when this comes up as an issue. Of course now the bad news is he had to pay 2 months worth of premiums which came to $2800 just to catch up on the payments so we have no gap in coverage for the two of us. He continued that he had a couple customer complaints, parts not showing up, and then on top of all that he found out that his lover prior to me has AIDS and has about 6 months to live. I guess the brother of the ex came in for an estimate and told him the news. They had a bad breakup and Tony has not many good memories of their 3 years together prior to us starting to go out. Even so, no one likes to hear that news. Especially me! Put a damper on the night. We started talking about the fact that 'every lover he had in the past has died of AIDS'. I at one point had to say 'and now me'. I saw this look in his face like he had forgotten I was HIV+. It took me off guard. I know I don't look sick, but I still live with this disease. I do have to do a little research. Is it possible for someone to be HIV+ and not show it? Not test positive for it? Yet pass it on to others? What are the odds that every lover including me he has dated is HIV+? He has tested negative every time. I am glad for him and would never wish this on anyone, still it is an interesting question? Spent the rest of the night watching TV and went to bed shortly before 10 PM. Had a restless night, I am sure it was the news of someone near death because of having AIDS.

Today I got up and after getting the morning duties finished and Tony off to work I began the DVD process again. Hope to get 2 sets of 4 tapes converted today. That will still leave me about 40 8mm tapes and 10 DVDs to make. Like I said, a slow process. Having lunch with the guys again today. Always enjoyable. The sun is finally out today. Haven't seen the sun in a week. Hopefully it will get at least in the 60s today. No plans for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment