Visit My Other Web Page:

Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22, 2010 Saturday Night

It is Tony and my 17th anniversary of our Holy Union today. We were together four years prior to having the Holy Union. Can't say we celebrated much today.

Friday morning I had to go to the doctor to get my second of three shots for Hepatitis A and B vaccination. The power went out prior to leaving so I could not open the garage door so Tony had to come home from work and drive me there. By the time we got home the power was back on. Talked to Tony's sister who was coming into town and worked it out so we could have Anthony, Tony's 6 year old nephew for the weekend. So I headed to the grocery store to buy kid friendly foods for the weekend. Got home, unpacked the groceries and headed back out the door to pick Tony up to go have lunch with the guys. Had a great lunch and within a half our of being home Tony's sister called and said she had made the three hour trip from Illinois and Anthony and her should be at the back door soon. Tony's sister dropped off Anthony and we spent the afternoon playing. Tony got home around 6 PM and after they both showered we went to Burger King on the Southside to get an Iron Man Toy and then go to Toy's Are Us and spoil the kid a bit. Of course Burger King did not have the Iron Man toys like they should and since Burger King was right next to KMart we went there instead of Toy's Are Us and bought the kid a new pair of shoes since all he had was flip flops packed, $70 worth of Toys, and some other household items. Stopped of at Grandma's house for a little while and then headed back home. Oh, did I mention he brought his little dog named Buddy. So now we also have 6 dogs running around the house for the weekend along with the 6 year old nephew. Watched a little TV and we all went to bed around 10:30 PM. His little dog loves me and spends every minute with me. Although he didn't know if he should sleep with me or Anthony in the spare room so the dog spent the night going from bed to bed every hour all night long.

This morning we got up, ate some cereal and after I showered we went to the Milwaukee Public Museum. Anthony wanted to go to the 'big peoples museum' which is the Milwaukee Public Museum. Spent a few hours at the Museum and then came home for a while before we all got in the 1965 Cadillac Convertible and drove around the lakefront. Even though it was close to 70 degrees the fog was constantly coming in from Lake Michigan. I kept telling Anthony it was the Fog Monster. We then parked and walked the long pier to the end and back. Came home and watched a little TV before I made corn dogs and mac and cheese for dinner, his choice. What a great anniversary dinner for Tony and I. Like I mentioned in the beginning, it is our anniversary today. Guess we will celebrate with a nice dinner next weekend. Right now we are just watching TV. I think we are all exhausted, including the six dogs, all on the couch with Tony and Anthony. Sunday we have a car show we would like to go to. Correction, Tony would like to go to. That is in the air depending on whether we have to drive half way to the Illinois border to exchange the kid and dog with his mom / Tony's sister. I do love having the nephews at the house when ever they can come for the weekend. After 21 years together it is nice to have a distraction for the weekend. Plus, for some reason, him and his older brother, who we helped raise prior to the sister moving to Illinois, love their uncle Dave and Tony because we spoil them rotten when they come to visit. Like a good uncle should.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. You guys have been together for 17 (or 21, depending on how you look at it) years and that's the best you could come up with? Corn dogs and mac with cheese to celebrate? Granted, the kid is a nice distraction but not on your special day together! I want to cry cuz it makes me feel so hopeless about love and partnering up. You guys are an amazing example of what can be accomplished against the odds. And look how you acknowledge it? I'm sorry if I'm coming down hard on you but there's so much to celebrate and be joyous for, even taking into consideration your health situation. Please look at what an amazing union you have together and don't take it for granted. Especially now.

    ReplyDelete