Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21, 2014 Wednesday Afternoon

Yesterday morning I saw a post on Facebook from a Rescue about two Pitbull dogs that they rescued that someone had apparently starved almost to death.  Here is the picture of them:
Yah, pretty sad.  So I posted that I would be interested in finding out more about these dogs and maybe even adopt them.  One thing has led to another and tonight a Rescue person is coming to our house to see if our home is OK for the two dogs.   We will then drive an hour south tomorrow to Waukegan Illinois and see the two dogs.   We plan on bringing Bo with us and if they all get along as planned they will all be coming home with us.  Yah, I am nuts.  Tony and I spent last night talking about this and I am so surprised he is on board with this.  When I showed him the pictures of the dogs and asked if we could take one, his reply was 'why would we take just one, we will take both of them'.  This is why I love my Tony and we have been together for over 25 years.  I honestly thought he was my 'out' if it was not right to have them.  So tomorrow at this time if all goes right we will have 5 dogs again.  The dogs will need a lot of care and medical attention.  Hopefully the rescue will help a bit but we are prepared if they do not.  The brown dog is going to be named Rose (rather than Rouge) and she is 3 years old.  He son is 2 years old and named Cripto.  Not sure if we will keep that name or change it.  Apparently they don't answer to their names so it is OK to change them.   I am a bit scared and wondering if I bit off more than I can chew on this one.  Much less I was looking forward to somewhat of a break or a vacation.  When we talked last night we talked about the fact how we both are getting older and if we were to ever do something this big now would be most likely the last time.  I am excited.  I feel like a parent waiting to pick up their newly adopted kid.  On  sad note, I did find out the dog we found over 10 years ago named Missy that we gave to our pharmacist, died a couple days after Stella died.  What is weird about this is the reason we gave her the Pomeranian named Missy was because we found Stella and the dog was too fragile to have and we had just found her and she was not settled in much anyway.  Weird how they both died around the same time and the tie they had.  Life is very interesting.  Will spent the night watching TV after the rescue visit and I also call the lady we are meeting tomorrow.  Since it is an hour away a different rescue is checking us out tonight.  Not afraid in any way.  My house is puppy safe.  

2 comments:

  1. How EXCITING. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. do they know who the people are who had them?

    ReplyDelete