Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

May 27, 2014 Tuesday Morning

I could not be more happy with how the weekend went.  Spent most of the weekend at home with our three dogs and the two new rescue dogs.  We have the house sectioned off with fencing and gates so that the two Pitbulls are always a fence or two away from my three small dogs.  Friday night we went to a party for an hour or so and left them in their crates for the first time.  Rose cries a lot but they are safe.  Friday night sleeping went better than the night before and I only let them out twice during the night and they settled back down in their bedroom cages with no problems.

Saturday morning we were up by 5 AM.  I have a feeling life is going to start this early for a while.  We spent all day with the dogs getting to know them.  They both are very sweet dogs.  Spent most of the day outside on the deck with them or in the living room watching TV.  One of us sitting on one side of the room with our three dogs, the other sitting on the other side of the fence with the two new dogs.  I also spent a lot of time working on their Facebook page named:   Rose and Casper.

Sunday came and went so fast I don't even remember what we did.  Juggling the dogs around the house and learning new things about them all day has been such a pleasure.  How someone could starve these two dogs is beyond my thinking.  Their ears are like dried leather from being frost bitten in the cold.  They both listen and already know their new names.  We even learned Casper can 'shake paw'.   Rose is going to be more difficult but not hopeless. 

Monday we introduced Casper to the three dogs with no problems.  By this day I could see Casper does not have a mean bone in his body and has been beat down so badly by people and his mother that he would take any abuse and still wag his tail.  So sad.  Off and on during the day I would be on one side of the fence with our three dogs and Casper and Tony on the other with Rose.  Eventually Rose wants her baby back on her side of the fence.  Spent the night watching the HBO movie The Normal Heart.  I cry when I think of all the talented people we lost.  An entire generation.  I recommend finding this movie and watching it.  Everyone involved deserves and award.

Today I am with the dogs alone while Tony is at work.  No problems and going to be a fun day getting to know the dogs and doing things around the house.  I still think we made the right decision and things are going to in time work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment