Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, 2010 Tuesday Afternoon - In Defense of Tony

I could not let the comment by Sammy go by without addressing it.
I would hate to loose Sammy or anyone who takes the time to follow my blog. I appreciate all comments made to all my posts. In this case I have to respond. Sammy, Tony may not be the best husband, but he is not the worst either. We have been together for 21 years this month. We have some good times as well as some bad times. I have to ask myself the question: Would I be better off with him or without him? The answer is simple. I am much better with him. You have to remember you are reading MY side of the story. I am sure he would have a very different point of view on many things I discuss in this blog. I am not the easiest person in the world to live with either. I am demanding, possessive, like to get my way, and have HIV to name a few faults of my own. He has never pushed the subject regarding how I got HIV. I think that is a big plus in itself since I can not say I would be able to do the same if the tables were reversed. He has stood by me during the worst point in my life a year ago. He continues to stand by me and support decisions I make. I will be the first to admit I am not the easiest to live with. I am not with him for financial reasons. It helps having a man who pays his part and then some of the bills, but if I had to do it on my own, I could. He might not be romantic, sympathetic, helpful around the house and many other things, but he is supportive when needed, helpful in many other areas. I am not defending what was said on Saturday night by him. I have said hurtful things in the past also I am sure. Did I really mean them? NO. Would I take them back if I could? YES. So with that said, please do not think Tony is not a good man. WHEN IT COUNTS, HE IS!

No comments:

Post a Comment