Visit My Other Web Page:

Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6, 2010 Saturday Morning

It has been quite a busy week around here. The good news is Jacque Pierre Beaumont IV, otherwise known as Bo, has been surprisingly good. Since last Sunday he has only made about 4 mistakes in the house. I consider that very good for a dog that never was even taught to pee or poop outside before he came here about a week and a half ago. The last two times I caught him 'in the act', the minute he heard my stern voice you could tell he knew he was a bad boy. Both times I put his nose in it, gave him a tiny little pat on the butt, and took him outside where he finished his peeing. Then I make a big deal out of it and give him a small treat. He has really been a good boy. Took him yesterday for his first vet visit. He got his first puppy shot and check up. He was very good and laid in my arms most of the appointment.

I worked Monday and Tuesday about 4 hours each day. Wednesday morning I had a dental appointment to have a tooth drilled and filled. I HATE the dentist. I sweat like a pig as I squeeze the hand rails on the chair as the dentist injects my gums. It is horrible. As a kid I would just let the dentist drill and fill without shots I hated the needles that much. I am older and wiser now and take the five minutes of shot pain so I don't have the hour of drilling pain. Dentist said she had to drill pretty far down being so big and told me to take some Advil or pain meds when I got home. I still was not feeling much pain so I laid down on the bed with the dogs and took a nap. Boy was I sorry I didn't take something for the pain because when I woke up I felt like someone had my tooth by a pliers. Took a bunch of pain meds and was better a little while later. Spent Wednesday night at home watching TV.

Thursday I went into work for a few hours to do a supply inventory and clean the owners office. Was home by 1 PM and spent the afternoon ordering product and updating spreadsheets on the computer. Spent the rest of the day cleaning and watching the puppy.

Friday morning was 'Bo's' first vet appointment. As I said above he was very good. Came home and did a little around the house before going to pick Tony up and have lunch with the guys. Tony had to buy lunch since this Sunday, March 7th, is his Birthday. The Birthday boy has to buy lunch that week. Had a great lunch and came home. Took a couple hour nap before getting up and doing some shoveling of ice and snow off the deck so the sun can melt what is left. It is going to be in the low 40s this weekend. We still have a lot of snow on the ground here in Milwaukee. Last night we went to a fund raiser at a bar called Bucket Head here in Milwaukee. It was for the Brew City Bully Club which we are members of. It's goal is to stop dog fighting and bring awareness to Pit Bull dogs being good dogs. Had a great time. A band called Left On Sunset was playing all night and they were great. Had a couple drinks and we were home by a little after 10 PM. The fundraiser was a great success. A great turn out for the event.

Today we both got up early. Not sure why since we have no plans until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment