Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010 Wednesday Morning

Monday I did not go to work and did not receive any contact from the owner. It really tore me down and put me into a deep depressed state for the day. I spent most of the day walking from front to back of the house or napping on the couch or bed. I just do not understand why contact with the owner stopped when I did nothing wrong a week ago. I guess she has chosen her side, her son's. It makes me wonder if her and I were truly the friends I thought we were. I thought we were more than just employer / employee. I thought we were also friends. Not contacting me has made me wonder why I went back to work for such a woman in the first place after what that company did to me the last time they fired me. Even an email saying Thank You for your past work but I no longer need you would have been fine. Not calling or emailing me for over a week, is just not professional at all. Monday night I went to an HIV dinner meeting. Got home and watched Dancing With The Stars and then went to bed.

Tuesday I got up, got Tony off to work and decided I would try to get through the day and get something accomplished. The side wall on the glass enclosure is rotting out to I started pulling the wall apart. Drove to Home Depot and bought the wood I needed for the project. Was working hard on it by 11 AM and managed to get a lot done during the course of the day. Of course this is all while making sure the Bo and Barkley were not trying to eat the rotten wood. Jeez. Every time I turned around they had a piece in their mouths. Tried locking them in the house but since I was outside they did not like that so it was easier just to keep an eye on them outside. Bo also loves chasing the birds. Worked hard all day on the replacing of the wall until about 4 PM. Made some left over pizza from Sunday night's dinner for supper along with a salad. Watched some TV and went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I have to get going and get back to work on the wall before I start to slide down the pity me slope. Vito is not feeling good today and did not eat his breakfast. Hopefully it will pass. Still not sure if I should write one final letter to the owner expressing how disappointed I am in how this whole job thing ended. Not sure if it is worth the time and energy. Should I just turn in my keys and credit card and let it all go?

1 comment:

  1. ave...you might as well realize there are some real assholes in this world. if you did your job well and she is acting like this, screw her.she could be embarrassed for her jerk son too you know. i'd say forget it and go on with your life.what a witch, she hasnt even the decency to call you and discuss the situation.i just love it when people do that. cant be an adult and talk about it.

    ReplyDelete