Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010 Wednesday Dinner Time

Had a very scary night last night with Bo.

Tuesday morning I went to one of the big malls here in Milwaukee (Southridge Mall) to do some clearance shopping for new clothes. I only go to the malls once a year and I go right for the clearance racks. Ended up buying a few shirts, a pair of jeans, and a heavy flannel shirt all on sale. Came home and took a nap with the dogs. It was about 50 degrees today in Milwaukee. Everything was going fine until after I fed the dogs. After I fed them I noticed a pee mark on the carpet and when I went to find Bo I found him hiding in the corner not looking good. He could hardly stand and was clearly in pain. Great. My thought was he either ate something he should not have or Stella might have hurt him playing. Spent the night with him on the couch trying to decide if we should take him into emergency or wait it out. We ended up waiting it out and got him on the bed for the night next to me. I was up all night with him. He was not happy and let out a couple whimpers here and there. He also peed in the bed during the night. All night we were on the fence as to taking him to emergency.

Got up out of bed around 5 AM and took Bo to the couch. He was still not doing great so I called the vet when they opened at 7:30 AM. The doctors had surgery all morning but the vet said we could drop him off and leave him and they would look at him between surgeries. I was not about to drop him off and let him sit in a cage feeling the way he was. I gave him some breakfast which he ate right away. I figured this must be good. A little while later I got him outside to poop and pee. No blood or problems there either. Spend the early morning with him by my side. Around 9 AM he started looking a little better. I took him outside again and he pooped and peed again. Long story short, by noon he was doing much better. Took a long nap with him this afternoon. Since we got up from our nap he has been up to his normal puppy self. So the conclusion is Stella did not hurt him, he must have ate something he should not have. I have no clue what, but will keep an eye on him the next few days to figure it out. Bottom line, he is now better thankfully. Was a very scary night. I honestly thought Stella hurt his spine or something and the end result would be expensive and not good. Spent the night in tears wondering if it was his last day. Thankfully it did not turn out that way. It is close to 70 degrees today in Milwaukee. Not really enjoying it because I am still putting Bo as number one. Any outdoor projects will wait another day. Tomorrow it is suppose to be in the 70s all day. Tonight we will just stay home with the dogs and count our blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment