Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, November 12, 2009

November 12, 2009 Thursday Morning

Taking the next four days off, laying low, have an infection in my saliva duct on my left side of my head.

I worked all day Monday doing mostly inventories like most Mondays. Have to count the entire warehouse on Monday's. Got home after 4 PM and after getting some stuff done around the house and feeding the dogs, I was out the door to a Bio Script dinner on HIV and AIDS. Monthly meeting that includes a nice dinner. Good information again on what our blood test results mean. Went to bed shortly after getting home, I was exhausted.

Tuesday I worked all day again, moving shelving and doing some changes around the warehouse. Lots of lifting and bending. My body ached by the time I got home. Made a quick dinner and settled in for the night in pain, I work too hard.

Wednesday I worked again all day, doing much the same as the day before. On my way home I stopped at Walgreen's to pick up another 20 Christmas cards I ordered on line since I already used up the first 60 I ordered. Every year I say I am going to cut back the Christmas card list and it still grows with each year. I take a new picture of the 'kids' every year and put it on a Christmas card. Some years the cards are better than others since it is not easy to get 4 or five dogs looking at the camera at once. Got a pretty good card this year. Started having problems with my left saliva duct shortly after getting home from Walgreen's. I have gotten this in the past. The saliva duct either gets a stone or from being inflamed, swells up and it is very painful. It usually lasts for about 3 or 4 days and an antibiotic cures it. Started an antibiotic last night. Got a message of a meeting on Atripla that night at Mo's Steak House. I take Atripla so I wanted to go and get the information and a good meal. By the time I left there and walked to my car I got cold chills to the max and had to sit in the car with the heat on for at least 15 minutes before I could move and put the car in reverse. By the time I got home the side of my face had swelled to a softball. Very painful. The saliva simply builds up and can not be released from the duct under your tongue. Sucking on lemon drops to stimulate the saliva duct all night and again this morning. Took an anti inflammatory and a pain pill and tried to go to bed. Was not easy to lay on the left side of my head/face.

This morning woke up feeling like crap. My face is still swollen, it will get worse as the day goes on I am sure, know from the past. As I eat or saliva is created it will continue to increase in size until the obstruction is gone or works it's way out. Kinda like kidney stones. Not fun. Going to lay low today. Get some housework done, but have no plans to even leave the house. Not going to be a fun day. My face is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment