Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, November 20, 2009

November 21, 2009 Friday Afternoon

Spent Thursday morning cleaning the house before going to my CAB meeting at 1 PM. Also drove to the nearest Walmart to buy some sheets for the place I work at. Was finally a productive meeting. Hopefully some changes will happen in 2010 and being a part of the board will be productive. Came home and made dinner, watched TV and went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I did the usual routine which includes firing up the computer and checking emails. I received this wonderful email from a lady named Ellisya:

Dear Dave,
I have read ur blog and it is inspiring to me. I am a 30 yrs old from Malaysia. I was raped by my uncle when I was 16 and I got pregnant after that. This year I was tested HIV positive as well as my daughter which is 13 now...
There's time when I am so down and thinking that no guys will ever marry me and my future of my daughter is so doom. However after reading your story I am somehow brave enough to face this world once again. You can check my blog at http://www.livelifelikeyouweredying.blogspot.com/ to read my story of life. Its not as amazing as yours but it is my journey in life.
I have actually stopped going to see the doctor because the doctor in Malaysia is so discriminate towards people like me. I am working with Radio Station in Malaysia, there s times I feel like quitting because my body kind of giving up on me.
But every time I am thinking to quit, people like you will appear and inspire me.
Thank you again.

What a sweet letter hey? I spent this morning reading her blog. Trust me, my life is and was grand compared to her struggles. It is a must read. I hope to keep in touch with her. As I have said before, it is letters such as hers that keep me posting at this blog.

Had lunch with the guys, added a megamix to the blog as well as this post. I think I am going to turn on the stereo and listen to music, maybe nap, the afternoon away. Please check out Ellisya's blog at http://www.livelifelikeyouweredying.blogspot.com/ . I think you will get a great lesson in life. This lady is stronger than she gives herself credit for. (I mean that Ellisya). Maybe others will get strength from her life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment