Visit My Other Web Page:

Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28, 2009 Saturday Morning

Had a great lunch with the guys yesterday. A couple more that don't usually show up because they work were there because of the holiday. Over half are really into cars like Tony so after the lunch conversation was all about cars, lol, all the guys headed to Tony's auto body shop so they could see it. It was really nice to see them all in such awe of Tony's business and what he has accomplished. Most of the guys including his brothers wish they had a life dream, a job they love, that they can do every day, pay the bills, and have a place that is their own. I was very proud of Tony yesterday as we showed the guys around his auto body shop. They all are car fanatics and had to look at every engine in all the old cars he has accumulated. I lost count years ago and don't even try. There must be at least 20 cars at the shop he owns and are in some state of repair or restoration. He even has 5 more at a different location. I often tell Tony to make me a list of all the cars we own so I know if something happens to him. Didn't get home from lunch until after 3 PM after stopping at the lumber store. Listened to music the rest of the day until Tony got home. Made left overs from mom's Thanksgiving dinner. Watched the movie Food, Inc. on DVD. Knew it was not going to be a 'happy' movie. I don't think I ever want to eat meat again now after watching this movie. This one slaughter house alone slaughters 32,000 hogs a day. A DAY! And the way it is done is horrible. They crush them in this thing that looks like the trash collectors use to get our garbage. The cows and chickens aren't treated any better. Then the farmers and the regulations they have to face. It is a very eye opening movie and I do recommend it if you aren't the type to bury your head in the sand over every day food issues. You can bury your head in the sand and wonder how we get the food on our tables much less Mc Donald's, but there comes a time when you have to look at it honestly and say 'can we be more humane'? Watch it and see.

Tony got a call from my 'friend' out in California the other day that screwed Tony out of $589.00. I guess my 60 - 70 phone messages I leave him each day filling his voice mail is starting to wear on him. He promised if I don't call from that day until the 1st of December a check will be sent. Bullshit. I know damn well he is just probably changing the 800 numbers as of the first of the month. I have continued to call and his voice message machine is full. I have successfully gotten two of his 800 numbers turned off. I guess he doesn't like paying for all the incoming calls. LOL I have two numbers left to keep calling him on. I got them from doing web searches and seeing all the other people and companies he has scammed throughout the USA. He is quite a busy guy. The web sights even have all the info they have on him, which is where I have picked up on two more toll free lines he has. Even if he changes his numbers or turns them off, in time I will find him and he will hear my 'sweet' voice again.

Have to go do some quick shopping for Christmas presents. Just for the kids/nephews. Bought them some, but need to get a couple more. Christmas is for the kids. I am luck if I get anything from Tony each year. Thankfully as I am buying things for him I pick up things I like and .....wrap them for me. Yah Yah. At least I get things I want. Don't have anything else this weekend so I am sure we will watch a lot of TV and lay around with the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment