Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

November 17, 2009 Tuesday Night

Monday I worked all day, came home once again very exhausted. Let the dogs out, started making calls to Tony's buddy in California, and got the mail. One letter to me was from Social Security. I was APPROVED. Yeah! But the damn government had the nerve to say I became disabled in July 2009 and since you have to wait 5 months to collect the benefit, I do not start getting Social Security until January of 2009. But bottom line, I was approved. The letter said I should get me first check the end of February. The fight is over, for the time being. The letter also stated I have to be re-evaluated in 5 to 7 years. What happens after 5 or 7 years and they denied me then? How do I find a job being out of the job market for 5 to 7 years? I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Made Tony and I a bowl of cereal for dinner. Tony was not happy with my lack of dinner. Lights out by 9:30 PM.

Went to work again today. Finished the weekly inventories and got some small projects completed. Came home to a letter from Wisconsin Food Share saying that because I was now receiving Social Security my monthly food benefit would be cut to almost nothing. Funny how quickly they can jump on these things, but when you filing it takes months or longer? Now I have to wonder how this will effect my Energy Allowance and my Health Insurance Reimbursement through ADAP. Jeez, I would hate to end up in worse financial shape because I am on Social Security? Have to do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions in the future to someone at Social Security. And get some very needed financial advice. Made a meat loaf, mashed potatoes and beans for dinner. After this blog I will just settle in for the night with the TV.

I should be so much more happy about the Social Security decision, not sure why I am not. The worst part is that it is NOT enough to live on. Not in any way. Guess I will have to keep Tony, just kidding. Goodnite.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, do you get back-paid from July? If not, thats unfair. You should at least be back-dated to when you originally claimed, which would mean you would have a huge lump sum coming to you since you applied months ago. I just recently got DSP (Disability Support Pension) here in Australia for severe migraines, depression and agorophobia, and there is no wait. I applied in June, had to have an interview in early July, and by mid-July was receiving payments. You get paid fortnightly and you get back-dated from your application, and as soon as you're approved you get the money put into the bank the very next pension day after being approved. I cannot believe you have to wait 5 months. What does one (I know you work) survive on for those 5 months if they have no income? How are you supposed to live? Is that even legal under the UN? How is that even legal to do that to people in 2009? I'm happy you got approved, but am outraged at the archaic and unfair system you guys seem to have.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete