Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27, 2009 Friday Morning

The sun is out today in Milwaukee. It is only in the low 40s so it looks nicer outside than it actually is. Either way, I will take the sun over clouds any day.

Had a very nice Thanksgiving with the family. I was a bit nervous about the day considering it would be the first time face to face with my mom and dad after them finding out about my HIV status. I noticed nothing different. Mom still hugged and kissed me like always. Dad shook my hand like men do when I said hello and then goodbye. Was nice to spend the afternoon with the family. My one sisters girls are now over 18 and seem to fit in nicely with the conversations. My other sisters kids are under 10 and they are the cuties kids I have ever seen. I know I am their uncle and all, but seriously, the one kid looks like the kid from the Stuart Little movies to a T. Got home around 6 PM, fed the dogs and spent the night watching stuff we DVR'd the past few weeks. Mostly the Wanda Sykes show last night. She needs something more if she wants to keep her Saturday night audience. Took Kali with us to my parents house for Thanksgiving. Of course the other dogs were not happy about this arrangement. Kali was of course so good all day staying by my side the entire day. She must always have me in her sight when I take her anywhere. She even follows me into the bathroom. She is so cute. She is my baby.

My dad mentioned yesterday at the dinner table that it was 50 years to the date that my grandfather had died. I never met the man. Heard many great stories of him. Died of a heart attach the day before Thanksgiving after coming home from a day of Christmas shopping with my grandma. She was in the kitchen cooking dinner and when she walked back into the living room he was dead. The day before Thanksgiving. My grandma was such a strong women. I still miss her so much. Got me thinking about all the people and animals I have lost throughout my lifetime. So sad. Brings tears to my eyes to think of grandparents, friends, family, and of course pets I have had to said goodbye to. Wish I could have one day with all of them. Was thinking in 5 to 7 years when my social security comes up for review how different life will be then. With the advanced age of my parents and dogs, it is pretty much a given that in 5 to 7 years I will have had to say goodbye to one or more parents, Kali, Barkley and Stella. I will most likely still be left with that little shit we call Vito. LOL. Kinda sad and makes you realize just how precious life really is and how we just can not take anything for granted. Hell, 11 months ago my counts were so bad I would probably be dead today if I had done anything or gotten on meds. Makes me want to cry. Also makes me sit back and appreciate all I do have and when I want to yell at Tony or a dog, is it really worth it? Will it matter in the long haul? I think I better change this direction of thinking or it will be a depressing morning or day..........
Have to shower and do some cleaning around the house. House needs a good dusting and vacuuming. Tony already left for a day at work. I will pick him up a little before noon for lunch with the guys which is always an uplifting lunch. Tonight I will probably just make the left overs mom sent home with us for dinner.
Gonna put on some dance music and shower and get out of this depressed state of mind. No need to be depressed at the moment so why do this to myself.

Would love for others to comment and share their Thanksgiving day stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment