Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, November 22, 2009

November 23, 2009 Sunday Night

Wasted the weekend away doing nothing.

Friday night I made soup and bagels for dinner since neither one of us were hungry due to lunch with the guys. Spent the night watching TV. A lunch friend has us hooked on the show White Collar. It is on the USA network right after Monk. The lead guy is very handsome, which I am sure was the hook. Saturday Tony went to work in the morning as I cleaned the house listening to music. Made sandwiches and soup for lunch and spent the rest of the day watching the complete 5th season (but the last three shows) of Weeds. Downloaded the complete season. I love this show. I think I will watch the last three prior to settling in for the Music Awards tonight on ABC. Went to dinner at a local diner. Had a grilled chicken sandwich and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I did take Stella and Barkley for a walk around the block this afternoon. It was in the 50s here in Milwaukee today. Not bad for the middle of November.

Plan on working Monday and Tuesday for sure. Not sure about Wednesday. Might just take an extended weekend off if no major problems arise. I still have to check and see how I am getting paid from the owner this week. I don't want my pay to get me in the ass once social security kicks in January 2010.

5 comments:

  1. question..why are you working? everyone i know that got S.S. that couldnt work? isnt this the reason you are collecting?what if they find out you are working and say why should you collect if you can worK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only work very limited hours and it is up in the air each day depending on how I feel and if I am able to even function. I am doing it more as a favor to the owner. I do not work that many hours each week. I could never hold a full time job because one day I am ok, the next day my mind will not start. It is very frustrating. Plus, what company is going to take a chance on me having AIDS and not being able to work day after day? I am basically also just trying to make ends meet until the ss kicks in. It is not easy. After a 5 hour day or so I am so exhausted. Working on a cloudy day is next to impossible. I know that sound funny, but it has to be the meds. Without sun my mind just doesn't 'start'. I have heard from others who have the same problem. So, right now it is for survival and as a favor. I could not do this full time or even half time day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did find out that a person can work a little while on ss.i guess you can just make so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just found out you CAN work a little while on ss.dont know how much tho

    ReplyDelete