Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Friday night we went to the block party on North Avenue for the Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary.   Had a great dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants.  Sat outside and watched all the excitement and motorcycles.  Got home and after a little TV we went to bed in anticipation of a hard working next day of cleaning.

Saturday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Tony and I spent all day cleaning the upstairs apartment.  We were up there by 9 AM and didn't come back down to shower until dinner time.  It became clear early on the old tenants were not going to do the cleaning job we expected and there was no changing the fact the new tenants move in the next day.  The old tenants even left by about 3 PM because they 'just couldn't clean anymore'.  Got the place looking GREAT and ready for the new tenants.  Showered and went to a friends house for dinner and party.  Saw some nice friends and had some good conversation.  We were home by 9 PM and in bed by 10 PM beat tired.

Sunday we were up by 7 AM.  By 8 AM I went to McDonald's to buy some breakfast and then stopped to pick up some flowers at the market and headed home to wait for the new tenants to arrive.
New tenants pulled up in the back yard with their huge U Haul rented truck and no one to help them.  At least they left the baby and dog with family.  So, we spent all morning helping them get moved in.  I carried things to the stairs, Tony and the guy took things up the stairs.  The girl fiend helped get things out of the truck for me to carry to the stairs.  Was a good system and we got the job done pretty fast considering they had a ton of stuff.  Was nice to get to know them and talk as we moved their stuff in.  Just as we finished the family came with the kid and dog.  After Tony and I rested for about an hour on the couch we showered and went out to eat for pizza.  Had a great pizza at a newly opened restaurant here on the east side.  Spent the night watching TV and went to bed around 10 PM.

Monday morning we were again up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Went out for breakfast at George Webb's and then went across the street and bought a few items at Walgreen's before heading home.  Around noon we took the dogs out back one by one to meet the new tenants and their dog.  Went pretty smooth.  It does not appear that we will be able to let the dogs get together because their dog wants to hump and my dogs went nothing of that.  Realized what day it was and that on this day there is a huge rummage sale called St Martin's Fair and we got in the car and went shopping at the festival.  Bought some fruit and household cheap items.  Tony bought some car stuff for the shop.  Got home around 3 PM and rested for about an hour.  I then got the idea to invite our new tenants down for supper and I made hamburgers and beans, corn and salad and we had dinner together.  Had a nice supper and got to know each other.  I think they will be fine.  I do have some reservations but will keep them to myself for now.  Spent the night watching TV finishing the night with Under The Dome before we went to sleep.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot and got Tony off to work.  Spent a little time this morning cleaning the basement and making a spot for all the tenants stuff they would like to store in the basement.  Since we always loose stuff if we put it with ours I made a spot in the front of the basement for just their stuff.  Took a long afternoon nap and soon I have to get Bo to the vet for a 4 PM nail trim.  Not sure if I am cooking or we are going to a car show tonight.  Haven't thought that far out yet.  Will most likely spend the night watching America's Got Talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment