Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014 Monday Afternoon

Saturday morning we woke up to a fresh coat of snow that needed to be shoveled.  As Tony read the morning newspaper I went out and did the shoveling before it gets too walked on.  It was going to continue snowing all day so I knew I would be out again later to shovel again.  Around 10:30 AM we left the house to go to the Pet Expo.  We try to go every year to see the dogs and buy coats or toys for our dogs.  This year I had a few cat items for the cats at Tony's auto body shop that are living outside in the car parts.  We ended up buying a couple dog coats for Stella and Kali and also a heated water bowl and heated tent for the cats.   Spent an hour or two at the Pet Expo.  At one point a dog walked by that look exactly like my Buddy I had years ago.  Tony got my attention to see the dog and when I looked up again at Tony he was in tears.  Soon I also was in tears and explaining to the owner why and how much we miss our dog who looked just like this.  They are sad but happy tears I was even able to have this dog in my life for 7 years after I found him on the streets.  Stopped off at a Mexican restaurant on the way home for some lunch.  Had a drink with lunch.  After we ate we drove to Tony's shop to set up the heated tent and water bowl for the cats.  They were so happy and we watched them from inside the windows check out the heated tent and food / water.  Came home and after I shoveled the little snow that fell while we were gone.   Spent the night watching TV off the DVR which included the past two / last two episodes of American Horror Story.  Was good but sorry to have the story line die and be over. 

Sunday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Read half the newspaper and we both got showered so we could take Tony's mom out for breakfast.  After lunch we arrange with someone from a cat rescue to pick up another heated and bigger cat house that she had put together for us.  Since she was not far from Tony's mom it worked out great.  We picked up the cat house and spent about a half hour talking with the two ladies at the house.  They help rescue cats.  We talked about hopefully getting the cats fixed by Spring and that I would pay for it if we can trap and get them to the vet.  Left her house with the new cat house and went to Tony's shop to set it up for the cats.  Set it up, fed the cats and again watched them from the windows eating and checking out the new heated bigger house.  Here is a picture of the houses and  few of the 5 or six cats.
The cats had been just living in all the car parts piled behind the new cat houses.  They all look healthy so far.
Spent the rest of the afternoon watching TV off the DVR, hemmed a few pairs of jeans with iron tape, and had a round of lovin in the living room as we watched TV.  Ordered a pizza delivered for supper.  Spent the night watching TV off the DVR and did catch the Bruno Mars half time show.  Went to bed round 9 PM and after an hour of Tosh.O we went to sleep.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Talked with my mom on the phone for a half hour or so.  Spent the morning reading the newspaper, doing a couple loads of laundry and things round the house.  Took a nice two hour nap with the dogs this afternoon.  Making left over pizza and a salad for supper tonight.  Was in the teens today in Milwaukee and partly cloudy.  Warm enough to get outside and pick up the dog droppings and clean out the bucket.  Didn't spend much more than that outside today.   Will spend the night watching TV.  Just talked with Tony on the phone and he said when he got to work this morning all the cats came running out of the cat houses.  So they had a warm night for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment