Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1, 2013 Tuesday Afternoon

Stayed up late last night watching CNN and the other news channels, using the remote to get to each one as they ran commercials, to watch the country shut down.  Stayed up until about 1 AM and then I had had enough of listening to the Republicans try to spin the shut down in their favor.  Give The Affordable Care Act a chance!
About 2 AM Kali and Bo needed to go outside and soon Kali was throwing up all over the living room.  Spent time cleaning the mess and then went back to bed.  Kali slept next to me the rest of the night which she usually does not.  I slept with my arm holding her or hand on her back.  I know her stomach was hurting.

This morning I was up at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Kali ate fine and kept her food down.  Spent the morning doing things around the house like cleaning the pond pumps and putting the netting up over the pond since the leaves are starting to fall into the pond.  Ordered a new netting today online since the one I am using is about four years old and is torn in so many places I don't even think it will last the month in the wind.  Went for a nice long walk along the river trails since it got to almost 80 degrees today in Milwaukee.  Very rare for October to have 80s so I figure I better enjoy them.  Have had the windows open all day and the dust from the construction is building up everywhere.  As I sat at the computer and wiped my hand across the desk I could not believe the layer of dirt and dust since yesterday.  Spent the rest of the afternoon watching CNN and making spaghetti for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching TV from the DVR.  Getting closer to booking the tickets for the big wedding.  Talked with another friend from lunch today and he said he could take care of the dogs if all else failed.  So now I honestly have no more excuses.  I talk to my friend on the phone this Friday morning and will go through everything.  Might even be buying the tickets by the end of Friday.  I notice today when I was at Walgreen's, (oh yah, went to Walgreen's this morning to pick up a prescription and some sale items) that in two weeks or so it is Sweetest Day.  Maybe I will propose on that day if I can get a plan together and the tickets purchased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment