Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013 Monday Afternoon

Friday late afternoon I drank two big glasses of water.  Held off going to the bathroom as long as I could and then when I finally did go I heard this 'ping' noise and the pee was flowing.  So I think it was a stone and I got it out.  Pain was gone then also.  Spent Friday night watching movies.  Watched the movies Shame and Shortbus.  Watched Shortbus in bed.  Both were very good movies and Shortbus had some sex scenes so after the movie, since we were already in bed, we did the lovin thing.  Went to sleep shortly thereafter.

Saturday morning we woke up in each others arms and we did the lovin thing again.  Wow, felt like we had just met.  Nice after 24 years together to still enjoy sex together.  Soon got up and fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  After we read the newspaper and I made some eggs and bacon for breakfast we headed outside and did some leaf blowing and cleaning of the rain gutters.  Took a nap in the afternoon with the dogs.  Got up again and we both showered, fed the dogs and went out for supper.  Went to a restaurant we used to enjoy.  Was not good and they changed their theme to a sports bar since we were there last.  Had an OK steak sandwich.  We then went to the Pumpkin patch in Whitefish Bay were they have hundreds of pumpkins carved, a band, food and kids carving more pumpkins.  We make a point to go each year to keep the Halloween spirit alive.  Had a hot chocolate and listened to the band for a couple songs before we headed home.  Spent the rest of the night watching the movies Shank and Handsome Harry.  Both were excellent movies.  Both gay themed movies and very good.  Handsome Harry movie had me up all night thinking about life.  Went to sleep around midnight.

Sunday morning we were up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Read the morning newspaper and soon showered so we could go get Tony's mom and go have breakfast.  Had a nice breakfast at our usual spot and then went to Big Lot's to do some shopping.  Really didn't need anything but it gives Tony more time with his mom or we would just drop her off and go home.  Soon we were on our way home after we dropped mom off and we stopped at a fruit market for ham and rolls and some fruit.  On the way home I mentioned to Tony how I didn't sleep well last night thinking about the movie Handsome Harry.  Funny how he looked at me and said, 'that movie had me up all night'.  Basically it was about a bunch of guys that made a bad decision 30 years ago because of homophobia.  Was sad that all the guys wasted the rest of their lives living with the horror of what they did and how it affected their lives.  Got home and tried to take a nap while a Halloween movie was on and ended up watching the movie rather than napping.  Spent Sunday night watching Amazing Race, Good Wife (love this show), and Mentalist before going to sleep.

This morning I was up by 7 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony soon left for work.  Did some laundry in the morning but spent most of the morning talking on the phone with health care questions and then going on the website to do some planning of what policies I will choose.  Still waiting for a call back to find out which policies will be covered by the AIDS Assistance ADAP.  Can't sign up for anything until I find out what they will or not cover.  Making me a little nervous since time is moving and my insurance ends as of January 1st.  Thank you Scott Walker for making this health care problem worse and not easier.  Was told not to panic and that all should work out fine, just be patient.  Not a good skill of mine.  Took a nap with the dogs this afternoon since it is in the 40s and cloudy.  Good day to sleep.  Making ribs, potatoes and beans with a salad for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Starts and Castle before going to sleep.  Tomorrow morning I have to have Vito to the vet at 7:30 AM for his surgery.  Poor little guy.  I will make it Vito day when he gets home giving him all my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment