Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

July 22, 2009 Wednesday Afternoon

Got up early this morning since we both went to bed so early last night. Did not even watch the news at 10 PM like always we were both so exhausted. Went in and put in 4 hours at work. Spent another 1/2 at home working this afternoon also. If it was not so late in the day I would lay down for a nap I am so exhausted. My back is killing me from filing today at work. Kali is looking a little better with each day. She still has the runs, but no blood in the stool. She even brought a tennis ball to me to play, that is always a good sign. She hasn't wanted to play since last Friday.

I have to share a letter I received today. I am posting it below this post. I am still smiling from ear to ear because this letter is one of many I have received but says everything best. It is the reason I started this blog and the reason I continue it. Letters like this make all the time worth while. Thank you Mark for your email. You made my day.

Dear Dave,

My name is Mark and I am a 52 y/o man, American, living in the Middle East for the past 25 years, and this morning I was surfing the net, and going through many sites on the body's website, and found your blog.

Most of the day has been spent reading every single blog you've written since your diagnosis January 7th of this year.

Let me first say Thank You for taking the time to write your blog and share your feelings and experiences so willingly and honestly involving you, your partner, and events and people in your life.

I don't know what exactly made me devote my entire day and evening into reading your blogs slowly, and absorbing them as the months go on through your blogs - most probably as I recently had a very frightening brush with HIV myself, and it totally bent my head around and made my world go completely upside down. The fear, the panic, the sense that I'd lost my life completely, almost drove me nuts. I won't know for sure if I'm positive or negative until September, but at least my symptoms have subsided for now.

Your blogs are fascinating, heart-wrenching, moving, and so very honest - reading your path and all you've encountered so far, I find a privilege to be allowed to read about your life. You show an incredible amount of strength and courage, yet also a very vulnerable and fragile human being. I was struck often, as I read about the extreme fatigue, dizzyness, and depression, how very fortunate you really are to have Tony as your partner. I am not only living in the Middle East but also alone, with no partner or even family, and if that were to happen to me, I'd surely be in a deep, dark hole. At least you have a roof over your head and food on the table and, more importantly, someone who loves you and supports you. That's just wonderful - a huge blessing indeed.

My background is that I'm from the Midwest, but moved to San Francisco in 1980 and was around everything in those years that should have made me positive - yet I somehow escaped the virus, while most of my friends did not, and have passed away, because medications were not developed to the extent they are now.

I moved to the MIddle East to stay only 2 years here - then go back to the States. Instead, 25 years later, I've remained here.

Well, it's late and need to get to bed myself - but wanted to just Thank You and let you know your blogs are so well written. Don't worry about the spelling - doesn't matter one bit. The heart of your blogs are easy to read and feel.

Take care and drop a line if you have time.

Sincerely, Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment