Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8, 2009 Eight Characteristics Among Long-Term Surviors of HIV.

Found this on Thebody.com today. Thought it was worth passing along.
Through research they were able to identify eight characteristics among long-term survivors of HIV. The eight characteristics are:
-They are realistic and accept their diagnosis and do not take it as a death sentence.
-They have a fighting spirit and refuse to be helpless/hopeless.
-They have changed lifestyles.
-They are assertive and have the ability to get out of stressful and unproductive situations.
-They are tuned into their own psychological and physical needs -- and they take care of them.
-They are able to talk openly about their illness.
-They have a sense of personal responsibility for their health, and look at the treating health care provider as a collaborator.
-They are altruistically involved with other persons with HIV.

I can honestly see how the above would be a factor in long-term survival. They actually make sense if you think about each one. I think I have fallin into each one. I think I have done good. Maybe thats why my numbers are so good after being so bad.
You can see the full story and a full interview at: http://www.thebody.com/content/art52598.html?ic=700100

No comments:

Post a Comment