Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 26, 2009 Sunday Morning

I could not believe my last post was Wednesday. I guess not posting means I am keeping very busy and doing good. Except for being very tired I have little to complain about.

Wednesday night Tony and I went to the weekly car show at the Solid Gold McDonald's here in Milwaukee. Same old same old. I do not remember what I did on Thursday besides a short meeting at ARCW for the Client Advisory Board I am on. I did get everything I wanted to accomplish accomplished. Friday I went grocery shopping in the morning, lunch with the guys, and spent the afternoon rearranging the furniture in our living room. I do this every so often. Have not made any changes since the beginning of the year so it was time for a fresh look. We bought a couple paintings from Tony's brother, moved the big screen TV to the opposite side of the living room and it looks good. In our house moving things like this is a nightmare. I have speakers in every corner, TV's in every room, and all are wired into the computer, TV, or stereo. So moving anything means all the wires have to be refished through the floors and through the basement. New look is always good. The furniture was the way it was for way to long. Friday night Tony and I walked up to a neighborhood block party and then stopped at a neighborhood bar for a drink. Saturday (yesterday) we spent the morning doing things around the house. Eventually the sound of the lakefront airshow got me in the shower, bitching for Tony to finish his project, get him in the shower, and down to the lakefront on a friends boat to watch the all day air show. Was really nice. Just laying out on the boat, in the shade, watching the Blue Angels and other airplanes doing stunts in each others arms. Spent an hour in traffic getting home. We only live about 4 miles from the lakefront. Big mistake to leave when we did. Fed the dogs, and watched a little TV until we went to another block party on Brady Street Milwaukee. HUGE block party. We got there about 7 PM so we could watch the DRAG SHOW at 8 PM. Drag Show? Yup. Been there for a couple years now. It is the biggest part of the block party. How times have changed. There were more straight people dancing and enjoying themselves than gay people. Tony and I snuggled into each other for the whole show or he had his hand in my pocket or mine in his. At a block party in the middle of the street watching a drag show on Milwaukee's eastside. Honestly, I never ever thought those words would ever all be in one sentence. The world is slowly getting better for most gay people. More accepting anyway. It felt so normal and so good. Got home around 11 PM and watched about an hour of TV before going to bed.

Today our tenants are moving out. Good day to have to go to Oconomowoc about an hour away to my parents house to visit them and our out of town relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment