Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28, 2009 Tuesday Night

Tony and I spent Sunday afternoon at my parents house. My relatives from Ohio were in town and at their home. Had a nice afternoon with the folks and relatives. Ended up taking my cousin who is a nurse off to the side and told her about my diagnosis. She took it well. Made her swear to keep it between her and her husband only. She thought I should tell my parents. I explained my reasons for not telling them. She still thought I should. I still stand at this point by my decision to wait. Sunday night we were in bed early.

Monday I was up early and let my job know I would not be in for the day due to the fact I have to paint the entire upstairs apartment this week so we can rent it for August 1st or shortly there after. Got the kitchen and bathroom painted. Looks good. Was exhausted by Monday night. Hoped for a good night's sleep so I could continue painting on Tuesday.

Was up and out of bed by 6 AM this morning. Didn't sleep well at all last night. Last time I was up and looking at the clock it was 2 AM. Was so mad at myself because I knew how much I needed sleep so I could continue painting. Well, up at 6 AM, sent Tony to McDonald's for some breakfast and was painting again upstairs by 7:30 AM this morning. Got the living room and dining room painted and one coat on the hallway. Good day. Tony got home about 6 PM. After him telling me about the 2 teeth he had pulled today and how much pain he was in, I pushed my tired 48 year old butt into the shower so we could go to the Tuesday night Harley Davidson car show. Was OK. Tony enjoyed it. I was bored. Ate at a Mexican restaurant prior to the car show. I was so busy painting today I didn't even call or check in with my boss where I work. Not like me at all. I will have to call her tomorrow and tell her I simply can not give her any time this week due to the tenants moving out, their apartment needing a lot of work, and Tony being down an employee for what sounds like a while due to breaking his ankle this past weekend. I made a Wednesday morning appointment for someone from Empire Carpets to come to the house and give me an estimate on new carpet throughout the upstairs apartment. The apartment needs new carpet. Another reason why I am trying to get the apartment rent able. Between not getting rent for August, we will have to pay back a security deposit, pay for new carpet, paint and other plumbing supplies needed, as well as all the time and energy I simply have to try to salvage any of August and getting a tenant and rent money. Going to be a tight month. Hope to get a good nights sleep tonight so I can get more painting done tomorrow.

Told Tony at dinner tonight that if I had not recently been told I had AIDS I would feel like a normal 48 year old male. Was up early even without a full night's sleep, painted ceilings and walls all day, went out for dinner and to a car show. How much more could a healthy normal 48 year old person do in any given day than I did again today? Now if I can just have a few more days like this in a row. I feel good. On a down note. I for some reason am getting a small rash on my forehead. Hopefully it is nothing but to much sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment