Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 20, 2009 Sunday Morning

Once again I can not believe my last post was on last Wednesday. I used to post daily. Where do the days go? I looked at Tony and asked him 'have I not posted since Wednesday'? I know I posted Friday, will have to find where it went.

Thursday I was going to go to work for a few hours and clean the owners office. Was told it would be a lost cause prior to Christmas and to wait until after that. So that left me with the day off. What the heck did I do all day? I honestly am drawing blank.

Friday was so cold again here in Milwaukee that I did not leave the house until shortly before noon to pick Tony up at the shop and go to lunch with our usual gang of guys. I had made up little Christmas stocking for each of them. Lunch was enjoyable as always. No lunch next week because it is Christmas Day. We did agree to meet on New Year's Day for lunch. After lunch I dropped Tony off at his shop and did a little Christmas shopping. Bought Tony's mom a $100 McDonalds gift card. She eats there a lot and she wanted it. I also like gift cards rather than pulling out money at the drive thru. You don't feel like your spending money. LOL Pretty much done with the Christmas shopping. What I don't have by now, they won't be getting. Got Tony a couple items, seriously, what more do either one of us need? Spent Friday night playing on the computer trying to figure out how to get the movies I download to play on the TV since upgrading to Windows 7. I spent all night trying to figure it out. I was not going to call my tenant down again since I knew I could figure it out. After about 2 hours or more I realized Windows 7 has like a split screen. It is so cool. In the past what ever I played on the computer to the TV had to have both the computer and TV same program or show on. With Windows 7 it is like having two screens. I can play a movie to the TV on one screen and still cruise the internet or such on the computer main screen. Hope that made sense. I am so happy I figured it out myself and the final results of the hours spent trying to fix it. I know I could have just called my tenant, but sometimes a guy likes to know he can do it alone, right? On a side note. Tony got a check from our scammer guy in California for the balance of the money he owed us. Guess my diligence paid off. No one in the last 5 years and over 30 companies I have found scammed by him have gotten their money back. Also, the car insurance company on Friday told Tony they will cover my Mustang. So life is good again.

Saturday Tony went to work and then spent the afternoon Christmas shopping for me. Left me at home the entire day again. Spent the morning preparing the spare room for me to start painting and such. Like I said in earlier post, I am not waiting for Tony to finish the bathroom first, it will never happen. Plus in this cold, if I don't leave the house, I need a project. Tried to take a nap in the afternoon but Vito put an end to that real quick. He started throwing up about 2 PM and kept going until about 4 PM. I must have cleaned up over 10 piles of puke. Was getting a little scared until he finally stopped. He must have eaten something he should not have. At one point I was holding his head with a paper plate on the floor under his mouth to try to catch it. It was unbelievable. He is much better today and was fine by about 5 PM. Tony and I then last night went to a party at the Art Bar. My ex prior to Tony and his partner own the bar. Their yearly Christmas party with free food and drinks. We spent about 2 1/2 hours at the party. I only had one drink. Was just not in a party mood. Came home last night and watched a little TV. Saturday Night Live was hysterical last night.

Today I made breakfast for Tony and I. Have to get in the shower because we have to go to my parents house since my sister is in town and will not be in town with her kids on Christmas. So if I want to see them and give them their presents we have to drive the hour drive to see them today. Had no other plans anyway. Will have to make the drive to my parents house again on Friday afternoon, Christmas Day, as usual. What would Christmas Day be without going to see family, right? Hmm. Do I need to see them twice in one week? Not even looking forward to going out in this cold weather. Time to move to a warmer area of the country ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment