Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4, 2009 Friday Night

Wednesday I went into work and tied up some loose ends and such. Worked only a couple hours and came home. Stopped off at Walgreen's on the way home to pick up some prescriptions. Made it out of the store without buying any cigs. Stopped off at the gas station for some gas, and made it out without buying any cigs. I had forgot to put the patch on today, noticed I had forgotten about half way to work. Got home and started looking for my social security card and birth certificate that I needed for applying for energy assistance. Not where it should be. In fact, Tony's social security card and birth certificate are not where they should be either. Spent the next 3 hours tearing apart the house 6 times over looking for them. Tried to remember when I would have used or needed them last. No clue. Tony came home and I dared him to find them hoping maybe he might know where they are. Nope. We went out for cheap burgers, my mind always on where the missing paperwork is. I hate crap like this. I can not 'move forward' when stuff like this happens. I have to solve the mystery. Came home and spent the night going around the house looking everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Without a cig no less. Went to bed around 11 PM thinking I will have to order and pay for new birth certificates and social security card.

Woke up Thursday morning and after a bit of coffee started the search again throughout the house. Gave up soon and called my parents to vent. I then downloaded all the information from the internet to apply for a new social security card. Called my parents back to get their social security numbers as needed on the application. Got it all filled out and walked into the spare bedroom and looked around the room. We have this exercises bike (that never is used) next to my cd racks between the big chest like thing that hold blankets and such. I thought to myself that if I moved the bike out and pushed the chest in towards the cd racks there would be more room in this room. So I pulled the bike away from the wall and then went to the end of the chest thing and started pushing it with my shoulders towards the cd racks. It is very heavy and had Tony's fire safe safe on it among other things. As I pushed, this clear envelope fell to my feet from behind the chest. It was the envelope with both of our social security cards and birth certificates as well as............................ a $100 bill. What the heck? Not only did I find the missing paperwork, but there is a $100 bill tucked in the envelope. It took me about a half day to remember why. About a month or so ago Milwaukee started a Domestic Partner Registry. I was collecting all the required paperwork and fees to take with us. I have no clue what side tracked us from that one, but we never did sign up. Have to look back on my blog and see what emergency must have come up that day and diverted us. Anyway, found the darn paperwork, as well as $100.00. Made sloppy joe's for dinner with french fries. Had to stop eating at bedtime to fast for my blood tests Friday Morning.

Got up this morning and after feeding the dogs and such I put on my sweat pants, washed up a bit and headed out the door to the hospital for my 3 month blood work. I find out the results in a week and a half when I visit my doctor for that appointment. I will post them. Had a nice lunch with the guys as usual. Tony got a check today from the guy who scammed him for a fourth of what we paid him. We cashed it and when I got home I started calling him and letting him know the phone calls will not end until we get the remainder of our money. He sent a letter with the check saying we would get a 1/4 a month for the next three months. No way. But we will take the money he sent. Filled his voice mail box by 4 PM this afternoon again. I fill it twice a day. Knowing I got even this check from this scammer lets me know my calls are working.
Watching the series final of Monk tonight and then White Collar. Snowed today in Milwaukee, our first for the season, looks pretty, but jeez is it cold outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment