Visit My Other Web Page:

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 30, 2009 Wednesday Morning

Worked most of the day on Monday and Tuesday doing inventories. Mindless job and I can do it at my own pace. Made a Tbone steak last night for dinner. Got two steaks from mom for Christmas so I thought I would make one of them. Made mashed potato and corn for sides.

Today I am not going into work since I will be going in tomorrow to do the year end inventory. It is done each year the last day of the year and I figure I might as well go in and help with the counts and earn some money doing it. Already showered today and got most of the little jobs I wanted to accomplish completed. Tony is getting auto body parts and stopping at Menards to get another pond heater. My pond heater seems to have stopped working and now the pond is completely frozen over. If I don't get a hole in the pond soon the fish will all die. Since he is on the road he is picking up a new one and dropping it off on his way back to the shop. I hope this one melts a hole in the ice because I would hate to loose all the fish I have had for going on 5 years now. I learned the first year you have to have a hole to let the bad air and such out or the fish will die. Learned the hard way that year by losing all my fish. So sad. So I have to get this in today and hopefully it will melt a hole very fast. Taking down the Christmas lights outside a little each day. Already took down most of the decorations in the house and the tree. Christmas is over as far as I am concerned. Paid a few bills. Picked up the dog droppings outside. Already vacuumed the house. Maybe I will take a nap this afternoon as the new pond heater does it's job.
Tomorrow is New Years Eve. Thinking of meeting a few friends out for a midnight drink. It is so cold here in Milwaukee and going to get colder the next few nights. Not looking forward to bundling up at 11 PM just to go out and celebrate New Years. If Tony wanted to say home there would be no decision, we would stay home. But I think this year he wants to go out. Our friends are planning to then at midnight go to the main Milwaukee park and watch the New Years fireworks. Fireworks in the cold? You got to be crazy. I will stay in the bar. The bar is a half block from the fireworks. Still trying to decide just how much I want and need to work next year. I have to work a couple days or I will go nuts, but I don't want to jeopardize my social security. Decisions decisions. Money is not the main concern, losing the benefits I worked so hard to get is the main concern. I would love to just concentrate on the house and writing my book but I couple days work would not kill me and be good for the mind. Also is good to get out of the house and see and interact with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment