Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, February 26, 2010

February 26, 2010 Friday Night

Needless to say I did not get much done around the house or anything work related accomplished due to watching the dog all afternoon. He is a good dog. He obeys very well. I just don't need another dog. Took a nap in the afternoon, he laid in my arms. Got up and made dinner for the dogs and also Tony and I. Made a couple steaks, mashed potato and cream corn. Spent the night watching programs we DVR'd all week. Made Tony do most of the work with the new dog. At one point I saw him standing inside the house, dog outside climbing on the glass doors trying to get in the house. I touched his shoulder and said 'if you aren't going to be adult enough to go outside in the middle of the snowy yard to train your dog to go potty, you shouldn't have a puppy'. Basically throwing it back in his face when he told me I was not being an adult when it came to potty training this puppy. He gave me the look of death and then got his jacket on. When he came in I told him he really should take his slippers off and put on his shoes because there is still a long night ahead and HE is doing the night shift. I the dog to pee outside prior to going to bed. I had made up my mind that if we did not get this dog to pee outside prior to Tony going to work on Friday Tony was taking the dog with him to work for the day. I was not going to deal with it all day long. Went to bed around 10:30 PM. Bo slept in Tony's arms all night long.

Woke up this morning and after Tony tried to get the dog to go pee outside I put on my jacket and gloves and finally got him to pee. I was happy. Fed all five dogs and then it was time to take him out again with the other dogs to poop. Took a while but he finally did it. I was happy again. Tony walked out the door around 8 AM asking me if I wanted him to take Bo to work with him. I told him since the dog had peed and pooped I would work with it today. I caught him twice trying to go pee and got him outside both times before I went to lunch with the guys. Locked Bo in a crate while I was gone. Found out shortly prior to going to pick up Tony and have lunch that a couple people where I work might want him and I should bring him by in the afternoon after lunch. So after I picked up Tony, and on the way to lunch, I told him my plan. His response was 'your going to do what you want anyway'. OK. I can take it. Make me the bad guy. Had a great lunch with the guys. Dropped Tony off at his Auto Body Shop and went home to get Bo. Drove him out to where I work and showed the 50 or so students and teachers the dog. Of course they all loved him. One girl stood out. She was very nice and told me she has been planning on getting a dog for a while now. She has everything a dog needs already in preparation and loved Bo. So she took a picture of the dog to show her boyfriend and I gave her my phone number. A teacher said she is a good kid and would be a good mom to Bo. She is calling on Sunday and the plan is to let her have it for the night or more and see how it works out. I told her if it is not a fit I will take Bo back. She has a crate and all. Her boyfriend works nights and she has only a couple weeks left of Beauty School until she graduates so I am hopeful. I have to get rid of this dog before I become any more attached to him. I love dogs. All dogs. And I am finding myself falling for this little shit. He really is a smart dog. He has already learned the dogie steps up to the couch and bed. He pooped and peed outside after dinner this evening. I was surprised when he peed after dinner, I started to go in the house and he stayed outside. I looked behind me and saw him still in the snow in the side yard. I asked him if he had to poop, Stella went down by him, pooped in front of him, he smelled it and he went poop. Jeez, why can't he be a bad dog, it would make giving him up so much easier. I have to be strong and think of what is best for me and the four dogs we already have right? Just making some soup and sandwiches for dinner. Staying home and watching TV for the night. Tony should be home soon to take on the night shift with Bo. To bad that doesn't really mean my shift ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment