Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 2, 2011 Another Mourning Dove Update

At this posting both Mourning Dove's have left the nest. Around 7:30 PM Tony got out of the shower so I gave him a little lovin. Better a clean man than a dirty man. Anyway, when I got back into the living room at 8 PM I saw the nest is now empty. I looked around a bit in the yard and could not believe my eyes. The two babies birds are on the ground snuggled under the park bench next to the netted-over pond. There is a short fence that separates that part of the yard from the rest so that the dogs don't go for a swim in the pond. So the birds are on the pond side of the fence. So cute to see them snuggling together away from the nest. Makes you wonder if they keep in touch with each other as the days and months go by. They will be safe for the night. Now my next hurdle will be making sure in the morning the dogs don't get them if they moved to the other side of the short fence AND them finally getting over the 6 foot high fence and not drown in the pond before they get out of the yard. Will update early tomorrow on the birds status.

No comments:

Post a Comment