Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011 Monday Dinner Time

Saturday Tony and I went to a car show in Burlington. It was a nice hour drive to the car show and back. The weather was almost perfect. I bit warm, but not too hot outside. Met the couple we have Friday lunch with at the car show. Stopped off at Culver's with them to have lunch before we drove home. Spent the afternoon around the house enjoying the dogs, yard and nice weather. After we fed the dogs dinner we walked, yes walked, up a few blocks to a little Italian restaurant and had a great spaghetti dinner. Walked home and spent the rest of the night outside in the neighbor across the alley's yard enjoying the night air. Had a couple drinks and then the mosquitoes came in force. Spent the next hour at home itching and putting itch cream on. Wow, they came out of no where and attacked.

Sunday I made a big breakfast. A little after noon we went for a drive along the lakefront and stopped at Tony's sister's house. She and her dog got in the back seat of the Cadillac and we drove to Dairy Queen and got ice cream. The dog even got his own ice cream cone. Got home around 4 PM and spent time sitting on the deck enjoying the weather. The sun was out, a nice breeze, and about 80 degrees. Made hamburgers and baked beans for dinner. Spent the night watching movies on the DVR from the TV channel Logo that I taped during the week. Both movies were OK but not worth passing on the titles, honestly I can't even remember what the name of the movies were. Went to bed around 10 PM. Perfect sleeping weather with the windows open.

This morning I was up at 6 AM and did the usual feeding of the dogs and getting Tony off to work. A storm was approaching so I went back to bed until it passed, around 10 AM. Showered and went to Walgreen's to get a pain pill prescription filled. Got home to find out they only gave me 30 rather than 60 pills. Went back to Walgreen's to get the other 30 they should have given me with the refill. Stopped off at Pick N Save and did a little grocery shopping. Even a little grocery shopping these days is expensive it seems. Took a short nap this afternoon. Tony came home for a bit and got me out of bed. I hate when he does this. I like to look busy when he comes home or arrives home. LOL. Don't want to have him thinking I nap every day. Actually he knows I nap from 1 - 3 PM each day. Most of my friends even know not to call between that time. Will spend the night watching more on the DVR since there is nothing on TV. I am running low on DVR shows as the reruns keep coming on TV.

The Mourning Doves are still in the back yard in the rock garden area. I check on them a couple times a day. Last night around 5 PM the parents took them on a flying lesson to the cars and back and then had them return to the area they have been nesting in for the past 3 days. The neighbor cut his grass today and I had to tell him to try to stay away from where they are. The mother bird was not happy when he cut the grass and stood guard in the back yard as he cut it. I honestly wish the babies would fly or grow up fast because it is just a matter of time until a stray cat wonders into the yard and finds them. They do know not to move. You can get to about 5 feet from them and they still stay still. Still have the 3 rabbits running around the yard too, so the cats must not have been around for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment