Visit My Other Web Page:

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7, 2011 Tuesday Dinner Time

Last night about 7 PM I saw the stray cat from across the street heading for our yard. I ran outside and chased him away. It ran through the neighbors yard into the alley. I ran through the house and to the alley to chase him farther. I looked into the neighbors yard and the cat must have ran right past the two Mourning Doves sitting on the ground. I hoped the cat would not return. About that same time the wind shifted and it felt like someone turned on an oven outside. It was 92 degrees and I then turned on the air conditioning. Went to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up by 6 AM. Fed the dogs, gave Vito his shot, and Tony left for work around 7 AM. I told him to take it easy at work since it was to be in the 90s again today and an old man like him should not be working in this heat. It was already getting hot outside. Around 9 AM the back doorbell rang. It was the neighbor telling me she got her Cocktail bird back last night. Someone in Whitefish Bay, which is a lot north of Milwaukee, found him and grabbed him on Monday. The neighbor was so happy to tell me she got her bird back. We both were in tears at the good news. Spent the day doing things around the house indoors. I can not take this heat. Did some dusting, vacuuming and installed the air conditioning unit in the upstairs apartment for the tenants. We give the tenants air conditioning units for their apartment as part of the rent. We have central air downstairs in our unit. Had a ham sandwich for lunch and took a two hour nap. Got up at 3 PM and stuck my head outside to take out the garbage. Damn, it's hot outside. Noticed the two baby Mourning Doves sitting in the garden. Making a salad and frozen pizza for dinner. Will make it in the pizza oven rather than turning on the big oven in this heat. America's Got Talent is on at 7 PM tonight and we will watch more on the DVR afterwards. Watched a movie last night called Newcastle. It was OK. Other than that it is just a matter of time, until late tomorrow, when the cold front comes through for the weekend. This weekend is Pridefest here in Milwaukee. Looks like it will be in the 60s. That is fine with me. If it was hot outside I would have to wear less clothes. With all the weight I have gained and not lost, I look forward to covering up and trying to look skinny as I suck in my stomach while we are there. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment