Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011 Monday Dinner Time

Had a great weekend!

Saturday we were up at 7 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. We spent the morning cleaning the yard up for the garden tour on Sunday. Had some weeds to pull and some minor clean up around the yard. Around noon we left to go to Tony's family pool party in Hartford. Had a great afternoon at the house eating and swimming in the pool. Stayed until close to 5 PM and came home. Spent the night across the alley with the neighbors enjoying the nice weather and night. Went to bed around 10 PM.

Sunday we were up again at 7 AM and did the normal feeding routine. Around 10 AM I drove to Open Pantry to get the weekly lottery tickets and some breakfast at McDonalds to bring home. At noon the garden tour started and people showed up right away. Everyone wanted to see the yard of the house with the cars in the front yard. Since we are a very known home we were the top of most people list to visit. It cost $3 for tickets for the tour and they sold out the 150 tickets in the first hour. There was about 20 homes on the tour around Riverwest. Had a steady flow of people up till 4 PM when the tour ended. We met a lot of nice people and they had nice things to say about our yard and home. It was close to 90 degrees outside all day and was very hot. Thankfully it was cloudy and there was a breeze. Somehow I made it through the day in the heat. After the tour was over we went across the alley to our friends house because they were having a family get together and invited us over for dinner. Had a great dinner and stayed at their house until close to 6 PM. Came home and fed the dogs dinner and gave Vito his shot. Vito is getting around pretty good. I communicate to him all day as I walk around the house so he knows where I am. Tomorrow he goes to the vet to make sure there is nothing we can do about him going blind. We keep noticing more and more the more we watch him. I think he can see very little. If I stand and talk to him and then bend down to his level he is still looking for me up high before he realizes my voice is closer to him and at his head level. I think he just sees shadows. Spent the night watching TV on the DVR before going to bed around 10 PM.

This morning I was up at 6 AM. Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot. Around 8 AM a thunder storm rolled in and it got a bit cooler. I turned off the air conditioning only to turn it on an hour later when it got very humid after the rain. I feel sorry for Tony working in this heat. Had someone come and give me and estimate to replace a couple of the windows in the upper apartment. WOW. Don't think I will be using this company since the price is way to high. Called another company for an estimate and they come next week Monday. Our house was built in 1909 and the windows upstairs do not track well and fall easily. Two are now broke and need to be fixed so I figure I might as well check into replacing the entire old windows rather than the glass again and again. Worst case we will just go buy some windows and replace them ourselves before winter comes. We should have replaced them long ago and would have if I lived upstairs rather than downstairs in our apartment. We have already replaced most windows in our unit throughout the years of owning the house. Not sure if I am making dinner. I took a short nap this afternoon and do not feel like cooking. Will depend how Tony feels when he gets home. Hopefully he will want to go the Monday car show at Hardy's and we can eat there. Suppose to cool off again tomorrow and the rest of the week until another heat wave hits this weekend. It is either to damn hot or too cold here in Milwaukee. I like 70s.

No comments:

Post a Comment