Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8, 2011 Friday Dinner Time

This morning we were up at 5 AM when Bo jumped onto the bed from the couch and started crying and whining loudly. Not sure what happened but he wouldn't even let us touch him. It was very scary. We soon got him outside and when he came back in he threw up. He was fine after that but it was quite a scare when he was crying like he did. Spent the morning on the Internet looking up and then buying a pet water fountain so Vito will hear where his water is once he is totally blind. Around 11:30 AM I called Tony to see if he was picking me up or I was picking him up at work to go to lunch. He said he is so hot and sweaty that it was best he didn't come to lunch. So I went to lunch without him. Had a great lunch with the guys. One guy has been missing for some time and I have to call him to find out if he is OK. Stopped off at my favorite store, Walmart, to see if I could find some bells to put on the other dogs so Vito will hear them coming since he can not see them so well. Bought some freezer pops for Tony and the guys at the auto body shop to eat in this heat. Put the bells on the dogs collars. I am in the process of trying to do all I can to make it as easy as possible around the house on Vito once he goes totally blind. Everything I read tells me it happens very fast, usually in a month or so. So he doesn't have long until he won't be able to see at all. Not sure what his future holds. Spent the rest of the afternoon listening to music on the couch with Vito sleeping by my side. Poor little boy, all he thinks is that it keeps getting darker and darker and doesn't understand why. I am sure Tony will come home exhausted and sweaty. I will get him in the shower shortly after he gets home. Will most likely spend the night watching TV on the DVR before going to bed. Tomorrow we have a pool party to go to for Tony's family. It is suppose to get very hot this weekend so outside activities do not thrill me. Sunday we are part of a garden tour, we are one of the stops on the tour. We will have to be outside all afternoon to talk with the people on the tour. It is suppose to be 90 degrees on Sunday. I am not looking forward to this and wish I had never signed up for the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment