Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 Thursday Morning

Vito slept soundly in his cage all night next to the bed. He got me up at 5 AM again this morning needing to go outside. I carry him outside and set him down telling him where he is. After a little bit he realizes where he is and starts to walk around using his nose and head to guide him around the rocks so he can pee. I then took him back up on the bed for an hour and got up again to feed them at 6 AM. Vito ate all his food again today since it was all beef rice and Alpo can beef cuts. Gave him his shot while he was eating. As you can imagine this is taking a toll on our relationship. Tony and I are at each others throats. You can cut the tension with a knife around our house. Would not be a good time for anyone to visit our 'happy' home. If Tony would just pick up on clues or help more it would soften the burden on me. He figures he works all day so he doesn't need to help out so much or at all. I understand he works, but I wish he understood more how hard this is for me to be around and see all day. How would you like it if every time you walked out of the room your baby looked up at the ceiling listening for you trying to find any noise so he knows he is not alone and you are near? All with a very frightened look on his face. It is not easy. Tony took my car today to work to hopefully wash it and run it through emission testing. So I am stuck at home without a car and tending to a blind dog. Will spend the day watching TV or listening to music since I can do little else without Vito wondering where I am and trying to get to me. Tonight we plan on going to a festival downtown called Bastille Days. I will need a break. Unfortunately I will be thinking of Vito the entire time I am at the festival knowing nights / darkness are his worst times and most frightening for him. Tonight is the big run at the festival so there are always plenty of good looking athletic guys at the event. Plenty of eye candy. I have always said this festival is the 'pretty people' festival. We will most likely go again tomorrow night.





I thought I would shed a little more light into what the house looks like and all I have done to protect Vito. Here are four pictures. One is a very unflattering picture of myself with all five of the dogs around me watching TV at night. This is what life looks like in my world. All five dogs have to be next to me or at my feet. The other pictures are of the cage next to the bed where Vito sleeps safely at night, the chair and steps in the bathroom so he can be near me when I am in the bathroom, and the long step I made and put in front of the spare bedroom couch so Vito doesn't fall off the couch thinking a smaller step is in front of him. The last picture is of the ramp outside to the side yard where they do their business. You can see the rails and rope lights around the sides. Vito is standing at the top of the ramp. You can't say I don't love my dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment