Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, December 7, 2012

December 7, 2012 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching American Horror Story, Criminal Minds, and Raising Hope off the DVR before going to bed around 10 PM.

Got up this morning at 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Read the morning newspaper and downloaded a couple movies I thought might be interesting.  Around 9 AM Tony called to tell me the Anti Virus software he installed this week at the shop was again asking for serial numbers and not accepting the ones we have.  Turned on my laptop and saw the same problem.  The main computer is working fine and the antivirus software is good for three computers.  Around 10 AM I called Best Buy like the prompt said, since it is a Best Buy product, and after 45 minutes on the phone with tech support I was told there is a problem and I will have to go to Best Buy to have them figure it out. Guess I just figured out what I was going to do this afternoon.  Met Tony and the guys for lunch.  Had a great lunch and the Birthday boy paid so lunch was on him.  Always makes the food taste better when someone else is paying, LOL.  Followed Tony back to the shop to get the anti virus disc he had and forgot to bring to lunch, and with my laptop I drove to Best Buy.  Took about an hour and everything they tried was new to them and they could not figure out the problem.  The tech guy then just wanted to install the antivirus on the laptop from HIS disc and I said this was not an option since then how would I load it on Tony's shop computer.  I finally had to ask for the manager and I got what I wanted, a new CD of Anti Virus software with three computers and one year subscription.  Figured after all this I deserved it since my virus software didn't expire until August 2013.  So for all my work I got 5 months free Virus protection.  Drove home and spent the rest of the afternoon deleting the old virus software and downloading the new disc onto the main and laptop computers.  Will give the disc to Tony to take to work on Monday and install it on the shop computer.  Not sure where the day went but I can not believe it is this late in the day already.  I could have really used a nap and am very tired.  This cup of coffee I am drinking isn't helping much with waking me up.  Might have to be an early night tonight.  If it wasn't so late I would lay down for a while but if I do it this late in the day I won't be able to sleep tonight.  Making salads and left overs for supper tonight.  Hoping to watch a little on the DVR and then a movie if we can stay up late enough for one.  No plans this weekend.  Hopefully I will get Tony to go to a mall with me one day so we start the Christmas shopping, even though I still am not feeling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment