Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, April 11, 2014

April 11, 2014 Friday Afternoon

Spent last night watching TV.  Went to the bedroom at 9 PM and soon went to sleep.  Only got up a couple times during the night.   Once in tears.

This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Still makes me sad to feed the dogs and have one less bowl to fill.  First thing this morning I sent the flag company a stencil of the Pitbull I want on the flag that will fly in the front yard.  Also worked on the side deck canopy I am in the process of planning and making.  Hopefully this weekend I will go to Menard's to check out the building materials and see if what I have in mind is cost effective.  Tony picked me up for lunch and we went and had a nice lunch with the guys.  After lunch we went downtown to pick up the plaque of all the dogs for on the flag pole.  Turned out great.   Took Bo for a nice walk to the river and a block down and back up to the house.  Took some treats and started some training.  Bo also met two new dogs and he was OK with them.  Growled a bit but then was nice.  I have to socialize him.  Tony will be coming home soon and we are going to go out tonight for a fish fry.  Same place as last week.  Hopefully it will be just as good.   Tomorrow it is suppose to get to 70 degrees and then the storms come and next week looks like more in the 40s.  

It is the fourth day since euthanizing Stella.  I miss her dearly and am having second thoughts about why I put her down that day and just didn't wait a while.  I am sorry I saved us both from pain.   I should have been thinking more about her pain than mine and then you would still be here.  Of course your future was uncertain and no cures so sooner or later we would be back at this point.  I just hate the fact I made the decision on Monday knowing she could still be here now if it were not for that decision.

2 comments:

  1. Quit beating yourself up. It may sound harsh, but prolonging what was quickly progressing---leaving her in pain----to get a few more days with her would have been a selfish act. You made a selfless decision to free her of her pain. As dog owners, we sign up for the grief we experience when we let a beloved pet go.. You did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made the right decision. Don't feel so bad for being a humane dog owner. She didn't have to feel any real pain or suffering to her end-and you don't have to remember her that way.

    ReplyDelete