Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014 Monday Afternoon

Saturday we spent the day doing things around the house, well, I did, Tony pretty much laid around watching TV.  Oh well, he does work all week.  Around 4 PM we went down the street to a bar party for the owner that died last week.  This was the after the funeral party.  Had a couple drinks and ate a little food before heading home.  Spent the night watching TV and doing the lovin thing before going to sleep.

Sunday we were up by 6 AM.  Had to shower and leave the house by 8:30 AM for a 9 AM Easter breakfast.  Sad half the people at the family table we don't really like.   (Tony's family)  Did I say that?   Had a nice 'all you can eat' breakfast and soon headed home.  Stopped at Walgreens to pick up some prescriptions, our prep kits for next Monday's colonoscopy included.  I am not looking forward to next Sunday and then Monday morning.  Stopped also to get lottery tickets.  After we were home for a while I talked Tony into going for a walk along the river trails with Bo.  Ended up sitting under the North avenue bridge watching the Milwaukee Fire and Rescue do some training in the river.  As we were watching a reporter came up to us and asked if he could interview us on camera.  Here is the final piece that aired Sunday night.  We are on the feed about 45 minutes in:
It really is amazing how the cameras just seem to find us.  We have been in the news and print so often in the past 25 years.  Sat and watched for about an hour and then came home.  Bo was so good the entire time and sat on my lap.   Made hamburgers for supper and spent the night watching a movie on ABC.  Went to bed after the movie.
This morning I was up by 6:30 AM.  Fed the dogs and gave Vito his shot.  Tony soon left for work and I again reminded him to come home this morning to take me to Menard's to buy the roofing panels I need for the side deck.  They are on sale so I figure I might as well get them even though I have a lot of prep work to do before they are ready to be installed or put up.  I felt safer having Tony drive the truck and the panels hanging out 4 feet.  Got them all home OK considering they are 12 feet long.  Rain started around 1 PM so I figured it was a good time to take a nap.   Making a Hormel meatloaf and potatoes for supper tonight.  Will spend the night watching Dancing With The Stars and Castle before going to sleep.  It did get to 70 today but the rain is bringing a cool front that will drop us back to normal highs of 50s for the next few days.  I love 50s for working outside in the yard and hope I can get out there the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment