Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, August 2, 2009

August 2, 2009 Sunday Night

Friday was a busy frustrating day. The tenants had to be out by 2 PM so the new carpet could be installed. About noon the carpet guys called and said they were on their way. I told him we agreed on a 2 PM time and the tenants were still cleaning and moving stuff out. Of course he said he was coming anyway and would wait. Since having a confrontation earlier in the week with the tenants I thought it best to call Tony home and have him break the news they need to pick up the pace. Tony did come home and waited until the carpet guys got started before I sent him back to work and my panic was gone. It took all afternoon to install the carpet. All the banging and pounding upstairs kept the four dogs barking for 4 hours straight. I could have strangled each one of them by 5 PM when the carpet guys left. It turned out very nice. The tenants returned and spent the night finishing the cleaning. I during the course of the day finished the painting, cleaned every window inside and out including storms, cleaned the ceiling fans and globes, and basically helped get the apartment done. I updated the web sight with new pictures of the empty apartment as it stands now, check it out at: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/apa/1300317229.html
I think I did a great job with the colors, painting and cleaning? Friday night Tony and I stayed home and cooked burgers on the grill and some rice. We went to bed by 10 PM we were both so tired.

Saturday we did a little more cleaning and fixing of the upper apartment until about noon. After than we walked two blocks up the road to a fund raiser for a 21 year old that was shot on the way home about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately there have been to many shootings in the neighborhood lately. Was a very very nice fund raiser. Must have been over 20 family members running the food, raffles and such. We talked with a couple family members letting them know how bad we all in the neighborhood feel and how it could have been any of us. I cried a bit talking with the mother. We got home around 4 PM and took a nap. Ordered some food for delivery and went to bed around 10:30 PM.

This morning we were both up early and read the Sunday newspaper. I then made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Showered and drove the the corner grocery store to buy some fruit and milk for the week since I was not able to go on Friday like I usually do. Tony cleaned the tenants washer and dryer while I went grocery shopping. We spent the after noon at the Racine County Fair with friends from my HIV group and lunch. We had a great time. Spent a couple hours walking around eating before going to the grandstands for the demo derby. Watched two rounds before it was getting time to go home to the dogs and feed them. Got home around 5:30 PM. I have gotten a couple responses on the ad and sign out front for the apartment. Hate this bullshit. A girl was to be here about 6:30 PM to see it. It is now going on 8 PM so I guess she is a no show. If she calls from this point out she already has a strike against her. Screening the next tenants is never fun. Tony says this time HE is picking the tenants. Monday I have to go back and put in some hours at work. Enjoyed having last week off. Not as excited as in the past about going back again tomorrow.

Dogs. Kali is doing great. Back to her old self. Stella needs to go to the vet this week because she has been limping on her back right leg. I think it might be arthritis but being the good daddy I am, I have to have it checked. More money for the vet.

1 comment: