Visit My Other Web Page:

Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009 Monday Evening

Saturday morning I woke up feeling pretty good. Tony had some shoulder and neck pain from the car accident the day before. I gave him a pain pill and sent him outside to start some painting while I painting some lower areas and did things around the house. He got about 1/2 done painting the north upper side of the house in the day. Saturday night around dinner time we when to the 1st Annual Brew City Bully Club party for pit bulls. It is a group to bring awareness that it is not the breed but the particular dog that can be bad. Not all pit bulls are bad dogs. We ate dinner. Was nice to see so many dogs together having fun not being bad dogs. You could bring your pit bull if you wanted to the party. Gave a donation and headed home after about an hour at the party. Saturday night we watched a bunch of Nurse Jackie episodes that I downloaded and were in bed by 10:30 PM.

Sunday morning I made breakfast which did not turn out very good and I ate about half of it. Over cooked the food. That afternoon we went to the Bristol Renaissance Faire near the Illinois border. Spent the afternoon there and had a good time. Was never there before but since it was 'gay day' that day we went. Many many gay people. I could not believe all the people who work there as well as visitors that had costumes on. Mid evil wear. Watched some shows and bought some gifts. Headed home sometime after 5 PM. Was a nice cloudy day and most of the faire is in the shade with trees and such. Was so welcoming to see most of the booths and stores had small rainbow flags displayed. Also had many rainbow items out to buy. Felt very welcoming and I let management know how great they were to make us gay people feel like it was our day. Good job Renaissence Faire. I would go again if I had a child to enjoy it with, other than that I don't see us going again anytime soon, even though we had a good time. Been there done that now. Was fun just to sit back and watch all the people and their costumes. I bought a hat that looks like the one from Indiana Jones. I will have to have Tony take a pic of me in it and post it.

Today I got up around 6:30 AM and after a few times with the morning news paper (I figured that was better than saying 'on the toilet'), I got myself showered and headed into work for a few hours to put together the Esthiology Steamers that had arrived. Put together all 7 of them. I even took Kali with me to work since I knew I would be working in the boss's office putting them together and she could be by my side. I used to take Kali to work with me when I worked there full time some days. Monday's the place is for the most part closed so it is a good day to bring her. She is very good and always lays by my side or follows me around the huge building as I do things. I was so amazed how today, after not being there for a year, she remembered her way around the place and knew which doors we would be going to. Smart little girl. I also am happy to say I have not had to put ointment in her eye for the past 3 days so I finally feel her eye is better. Thank goodness, didn't need that expense. Got home early this afternoon after picking up Stella at Tony's auto body shop on my way home with Kali. Made myself some tomato soup and was in bed by 1 PM and took a 3 hour nap. I am still trying to get my head together as I type this post. Tony says my new BMW, which I never even drove, will most likely be totaled when the insurance agent comes tomorrow to look at it. Guess the one front headlight alone is around $1500.00. Since the whole front end is smashed it is likely it will be totaled. Not a bad thing. Insurance will give us what we paid since we just bought it. Tony is not unhappy and even brought my next new car home for me to look at. It is a 2004 Pontiac GTO. Black with racing stripes up the hood, top and trunk. I sat in the drivers seat tonight. More than I did with the BMW. I like the bucket seats. Tony says it has more power than I am used to. LOL. He does not drive with me much on the expressway. I am looking forward to 'more power'. Tonight after I finish cooking dinner we will just sit back and enjoy the wonderful Milwaukee weather and TV. Will most likely watch our usual CBS Monday night line up. It has been in the 70s during the day and 50s at night here in Milwaukee. I have to say this has been the most enjoyable summer I can remember. We usually get a few streaks of 90s and we only had one so far this summer. It has been a very comfortable summer. Time to spell check.

No comments:

Post a Comment