Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30, 2009 Sunday Afternoon

Friday afternoon Tony and I skipped lunch with the guys so we could be here for our new tenants moving in upstairs and me home with Stella due to her back right leg injury. Friday afternoon Tony and I took her to the vet and had her examined. Total vet bill today was $350 which included xrays and blood test. The xrays show she needs surgery on her knee, the blood test showed she is healthy enough for surgery. The vet is calling us on Monday after she talks with some other vets as to what kind of surgery is needed and about how much it will cost. Of course Tony is already saying he isn't spending any money, I of course bring him back to reality as to what the alternative is. "Are you going to watch your baby in pain or end her life? The same baby that goes to work with you and protects you at the shop daily?" I am sure it will be in the $1000 range for knee surgery. What else can you do? Barkley is going to have to go in for his $600 teeth treatment soon also. We did win $30 on this weeks lottery tickets, yah! Going to have to take out a small loan for all these dogs.
Went out to dinner at a local bar/restaurant Friday night.

Saturday I sent Tony to McDonalds to get us some breakfast before starting a full day of painting the front of the house. Spent the entire day side by side on two story ladders and not once did we argue or fight. We were very productive. How things have changed. I can say one thing for this diagnosis. Tony and I fight less and pick our battles. We are more forgiving. We don't sweat the small things. I think life is better this way. Saturday night we went out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant and had a less than good meal. It is usually my favorite Italian restaurant. It was off a lot last night. My lasagna was more like lasagna soup. Tony had veal. After telling him how horrible it is of him to have veal and what they do to the lamb I don't think he enjoyed his dinner much either. We took a pain pill each prior to dinner and once we got home we both just were exhausted. Stella has been getting her pain pills since the doctors visit and it has helped her stay down more and not make the knee worse or more painful. We still have to tell her to 'lay down' here and there when she hears someone walk by outside or a noise she wants to find out what it is. It will be worse after the surgery trying to keep her down and not running around. She is a pit bull for heavens sake.

This morning Tony and I got up and out of the house early enough to take his mom out for a nice Sunday morning breakfast. We try to do this every couple weeks. Always fun to exchange family gossip. Was a good day of gossip today. LOL. Got home and just watching some TV wondering what we will do the rest of the day. We both are in pain from all the up and down the ladders all day yesterday. Much less hanging on the the ladder and ledges for dear life so not to fall two stories high. I have to work outside the house Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday will be a bigger day than Monday and very exhausting. I will be putting together the shelving I ordered last week. Ten 8 foot units three feet wide with 5 shelves each. It will be exhausting but feel good. Friday I go in for my next round of blood tests. Time to go to the couch and rest, after spell check of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment