Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9, 2009 Sunday Morning

Hot, Humid and Horrible. That is all I can say about today's weather.

Friday night we went to lunch with the guys and had an enjoyable lunch as always. Friday night after Tony got home from work I ordered pizza and we were in bed by 10 PM. Kali again is not well. All of a sudden Friday night around 7 PM she jumped off the couch from sitting next to me and started going nuts scratching her left side of her head against the floor. She was making little noises also so I knew something was not right. She would not open her left eye. She either must have gotten something in it or scratched it with her nails. I have some eye antibiotic ointment and tear stimulator drops I immediately started putting in her eye. I know from past experience from other dogs scratching their eyes that there is not much that can be done but drops and an antibiotic till it heals. She was not happy all night and slept on my pillow with her head touching mine. Saturday I put ointment in during the course of the day and although she does not want to open it she is not trying to scratch it either. Today is much the same. If it is not better by Monday she will go to the vet again. Poor thing. Old age is not being kind to her. She is my special girl and I always tell her if there was a fire I would grab her first. Of course I never let the other dogs hear me tell her that and I say much the same to them. LOL.

Saturday on the attached road to our house on Center Street there was a Rockerbocker Motorcycle block party that stretched out to 5 blocks. Over a thousand motorcycles old and new. Some very old. We went up to it several times during the day coming home briefly in between due to the heat. Close to 90 degrees and humid most of the day. Thank god we are by Lake Michigan because it gave a bit of relief being so close to the lake. Had lunch and dinner at the festival. Was a nice day in spite of the heat. Was nice to stay close to home all day yet get out and see all the hot motorcycle guys. My eyes hurt by the end of the day.

Today it is already so frickin hot out I don't even want to think about going outside. I did run to Walmart to try to pick up an item for work. Of course they did not have it at the Walmart here by my house. I do not like Walmart that much and feel I need a shower after I get back due to the customers. I have a very bad ichy rash today on my arms and shoulders from being out in the sun yesterday. Even though it was cloudy most of the day, it was hot, and I did put a muscle shirt on later in the day. Big mistake. Today my shoulders and arms have red blotches and itch like hell. I think it is from the Atripla? Others have told me they have the same problem and can no longer go out in the sun. In a little while my parents are coming into town to give Tony and I a coffee table they are replacing with a new one. Their old one is new to us and in perfect condition. We will then go out to lunch and smile pretending nothing is wrong with my health. Have to watch everything I say in moments like these. If I make the mistake of mentioning a meeting or something it then leads to what type of meeting and such. Not easy sometimes to hold a conversation and have to watch every word that comes out of your mouth. Can not even mention the rash. Had to hide a few meds and business cards I had around the house. Also covered the back calender so they don't see the 'HIV meeting' stickers on the calendar. These are the things I am talking about when having to watch who you tell or say what to. After we get the furniture and go to lunch I am sure they will be on their way back to Oconomowoc and we will just lay around the rest of the afternoon. TOO HOT TO DO ANYTHING OUTSIDE. I hate this heat. Monday is suppose to be much the same. YUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment