Visit My Other Web Page:

Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20, 2009 Thursday Morning

Good morning. I am sure for those who read the last post you were wondering if I ended up taking a nap for the afternoon or getting my butt outside to do some painting. Well, hope you put money on the painting because I got up and just started doing it. I got the three first floor side windows scrapped and painting by the time Tony came home. Two coats of paint on all three windows. I then showered again and Tony and I went to a couple of car shows. Two car shows. At least they include getting food since they are usually at fast food restaurants. Yesterday I was suppose to work but the project got postponed so I spent the entire day painting the first floor outside trim along the rain gutters on the north side of the house. Sanded, scrapped and put two coats of paint on it. My hands and fingers are killing me from holding the brush all day. It was my goal to get this part done and I did it. I like getting my goals done. I usually make a list of things I have to get done because I enjoy crossing them off as I accomplish them. After I was done painting I sat outside and watched a baby bird on the ground close to the pond so I locked up the dogs in the house and forced him/her to fly near a tree to hopefully get high enough so my dogs don't eat it. For about a half hour I watched the mother and father try to show this bird how to climb the tree branches. It was so cute. The baby would get a couple feet up and try going to the next branch only to miss and fall back to the ground and have to start over. It finally got high enough so I could let my dogs outside and not fear it would be eaten. Sad part is when I went outside to pick up the dog droppings this morning I had to pick up a dead baby bird. Not sure if it was the same one I watched so lovingly yesterday but it still makes me mad. My dogs seem to like to catch them and once they die they have no interest in them anymore. So sad. They are all wrens or something like that. Nests in the peaks and garages around here. Plus Tony feeds them daily. I feel sometimes like the farmer fattening them up for the kill. This is the 5th or 6th baby I have either had to fish out of the pond or pick off the ground. On this sad note. No sign of my baby bunny in the front yard either. I fear the worst. It has been about a week with no sign of him/her. It must be the one I saw on the street dead. Pisses me off since I fed this poor rabbit since March and watched him grow from a baby to what he was now. So sad. Kali still is having problems with her eye. I keep putting ointment in it but is doesn't seem to be getting better. She is very unhappy when she first wakes up and I have to put something in her eye immediately. Will have to call the vet. This afternoon I have my Advisory Board Meeting with ARCW. Also yesterday received my copy of the physiologist report that I requested. It was a social security doctor I had to go to. Well, what a joke. This report says more about the fact that I was well dressed and didn't have an odor than any of the mistakes in memory and math I KNOW I MADE. Bullshit! The report doesn't even mention any of the mistakes or memory problems and says I am MILDY AFFECTED. Bullshit! I knew this doctor was in social securities pocket. Rainy day in Milwaukee today. OK since I have to go to Home Depot for more paint and then my afternoon meeting. Will write again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment