Visit My Other Web Page:

Friday, August 28, 2009

August 28, 2009 Friday Morning

Wednesday I went into work for about 6 hours. Came home pretty exhausted and ordered Jimmy Johns subs for dinner. Had to go in to work and make measurements and plan out the expanding warehouse.

Thursday (yesterday) it was a rainy cool day in Milwaukee. Wanted to go into work but between the shipment coming in after noon and having a vet appointment for Barkley I got my usual Friday morning grocery shopping done after showing the upper apartment to a potential tenant. The apartment is now rented. Two young guys in their 20s. After I told the one guy yesterday they could have the apartment he started moving in immediately. The second guy showed up last night and gave us money and actually spent the night last night up in the apartment. He is moving his stuff in today. Can't wait to find out how his first night was. No bed, so he couldn't have slept great? Seem like 2 nice straight kids. Took Barkley to the vet to find out he has ear infections and we need to treat his skin more often with baths and cleaning to get rid of the sores. The vet is still not completely sure why he has this skin condition. Unfortunately he is the least of my worries right now because Stella (our pit bull) can not walk on her back right leg and is just walking when necessary on three legs. So I made her an appointment at the vet for Friday. Made a meatloaf for dinner and took Stella to bed around 10 PM. She is not a happy dog.

Today I got up around 6:30 AM when I looked around the bedroom to see Tony and Stella gone. Stella was sleeping on a chair in the living room and Tony informed me he has been cleaning up puke all morning. Not good. She is in obvious pain since she maybe moved around the house 4 times all day yesterday. Today she is still walking on three legs and is not happy. She goes to the vet this afternoon at 2:40 PM. Tony and I are skipping our Friday lunch with the guys today so I can stay home and try to keep Stella from trying to walk prior to getting her to the vet this afternoon. I figure the less she moves around the better until we find out what is going on with her. Now if I can just get Vito to stop barking at any noise which in turn makes Stella want to jump off the couch my day will go ok. Tony is going to come home later today and help me get her to the vet since she can barely walk to even go outside and pee. You can just see the discomfort in her eyes. I would give her another doggie pain pill but I have a feeling the one I gave her last night might have been the reason she had stomach problems this morning so I will hold off until the vet says more. Hopefully she needs an anti inflammatory and pain meds and will be fine. I have a feeling this is going to be a slippery expensive slope with xrays and tests. Barkley cost us $150 yesterday and they say he needs a $500-$700 dental treatment very soon also. Sooner rather than later is what we were told. There goes are next vacation plans to the east coast this fall. I am sure this afternoons vet visit will be an expensive one. Cloudy and cool again today in Milwaukee. Have a had time getting my mind going and having an ambition when it is cloudy. This weekend I am going to quit smoking. I know I have said it before but cigs go up in price again next week and it just has to happen. Wish me luck I don't kill Tony or a dog in the process. Have the patch all ready to put on starting tomorrow. Will write again when I know more about Stella. Until then, stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment