Visit My Other Web Page:

Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 13, 2009 Sunday Morning

Thursday night one of my new tenants gave me a new music mixing software to put on my computer. It is called Atomix Virtual DJ Professional. Most know how much I love to mix dance music. Many have checked out my Music Page. I have been using Sound Forge up until today. With Sound Forge I have to manually try to match the beats. With Atomix Virtual 'it' matches or 'syncs' the mixed beats. So Thursday night I was up late playing with it on the computer getting to know what it can or can not do. I finally had to turn off the computer and figured I will spend most of Friday making some music mixes.

Needless to say I woke up Friday morning and jumped on the computer to begin a day of mixing music. Tony was off to work and the grocery shopping can wait. So I loaded up about 40 of my favorite dance songs and started mixing. Unfortunately once you start a mix you can not stop. When you stop, there is no way to not have a break in the mix. Breaks are bad to a mixer. I did manage to shower and vacuum in between the recording of each song. I even made it to lunch with the guys. Lunch with the guys was great. Spent the afternoon continuing to mix music. Most do not realize it is not easy to do and takes a long time. You have to record in 'real time' and really concentrate as if you have an audience. Friday night we were both still full from a big lunch and I made soup and we watched TV all night.

Saturday (yesterday) was the big Center Street Block Party that is four houses from our house. We are four houses off Center Street. The bands set up on almost every block so you can just sit on the back deck and watch the people and listen to the music. We spent most of the day walking up and down the 8 block stretch back and forth meeting and talking with friends and neighbors. Huge turn out again the year. Each year it gets bigger and bigger. Got a flu shot at the festival that Walgreen's was giving out. The best part is the morning 'push pull cart race'. The local businesses make a push cart and you race down the street a block and back. It is so funny. Most years someone always gets hurt crashing into the audience or making the turn at the end of the block and racing back to the finish line. This year was no different. I brought my fold up chair because my left hip is starting to give me problems. I go to the doctor this Monday and one of the things on my list is to find out what road we need to travel down or what doctor I need to see about my bone density changing so rapidly. I feel like my hip is about to give out and my knees have not been much better. My left hip burns and I have a feeling an MRI is going to be warranted somewhere down the road. I think it is the AIDS meds breaking down my muscles and bone mass. I have read this happens. One of the bad side effects like wasting syndrome. I sure hope a new hip is not in the cards. Spent Saturday night simply watching TV and went to bed some time around 10:30 PM.

This morning I made eggs, sausage and toast for breakfast. I think the most we will do is buy our weekly lottery tickets and do some grocery shopping. Maybe go for a drive in the Cadillac since the summer days are numbered. Not sure if I have mentioned it but Milwaukee has been in an unbelievably great weather pattern. We have not had rain for over 2 weeks (we need rain) and it has been in the 70s during the day and 50s at night. The extended forecast shows the same for at least another week. I can not complain about the weather, it has been great.

Monday I have an early afternoon doctor appointment and will find out my latest numbers. Also have a number of concerns to talk to him about. My hip pain being first on my list. I am actually in pain today from all the walking yesterday. I will write and update with new numbers by Monday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment